• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group buy Seat Concepts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my seats. They look awesome. I could tell a difference just sitting on them. Hope to get a good ride in Sun.
20160126_170753_zpsclzcbyhl.jpg

20160126_170721_zps8nokej17.jpg
Hey Wlfman,

Is there any chance I can get you to post (or PM me) some pictures of the underside of the driver's seat? I'm still trying to get the wrinkles out. Getting closer, but still no cigar. Maybe if I can see how they stretched and stapled the cover it will make more sense.

Thank you!

Hey Wlfman,
Is there any chance I can get you to post (or PM me) some pictures of the underside of the driver's seat? I'm still trying to get the wrinkles out. Getting closer, but still no cigar. Maybe if I can see how they stretched and stapled the cover it will make more sense.

Thank you!
2016-02-02%2013.23.04_zpslj431ur9.jpg

2016-02-02%2013.23.30_zpseckv2ryr.jpg

2016-02-02%2013.21.08_zpspab3g3rd.jpg

2016-02-02%2013.21.27_zpsukaxma1x.jpg

2016-02-02%2013.22.32_zpsk5e61sel.jpg

Pete - I'd say that looks pretty darn good. The wrinkles will probably disappear after being out in the sun. I had SC install my cover for me and there is a slight looseness in that same area. Might not be a bad place to have a little extra material once you sit on it anyway. Just my $0.02.

Well, I have not given up yet. I still have time, my body panels are out for paint nad won't be done for a couple of weeks. So I'll work on it a bit as I feel the call to do so.Maybe it will improve, maybe it won't. Time will tell.

Well, this is good news. Maybe I will finish it up tonight, and take a hair dryer to it to see if they do disappear. Thanks for the positive feedback from both of you!

Mine has a big wrinkle, but my ass is the only thing that looks at the wrinkle when I ride -- and it doesn't care. Rode it almost 900 miles last weekend and felt like I was on a magic carpet. Wooooeeee, that baby's comfortable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heat is your friend..... former automotive supplier used to bake the covers @130F and selectively use steam. In your case, wait until the first hot day in the sun, let it warm up and re-staple.

Using the hair dryer, I got about a 50% improvement in the wrinkle. I guess I will leave the excess fabric in place and restaple it in the summer as suggested. Thanks for the input!

I too had a couple of wrinkles, but only after putting it on the bike. Since I had already returned the cheap ass crappy garbage junk worthless piece of shit electric staple gun I bought for this project, I decided to wait until March and just buy a pneumatic. We have a new Harbor Freight in Walla Walla and the model I wanted was going on sale in March... Anyhow, after riding on it several times both the little wrinkles have smoothed out. But it has not gotten over 57 deg yet, so I guess it just needed a little breaking in (??)

Anyhow, kind of glad to hear that I wasn't alone...

I too had a couple of wrinkles, but only after putting it on the bike. Since I had already returned the cheap ass crappy garbage junk worthless piece of shit electric staple gun I bought for this project, I decided to wait until March and just buy a pneumatic. We have a new Harbor Freight in Walla Walla and the model I wanted was going on sale in March... Anyhow, after riding on it several times both the little wrinkles have smoothed out. But it has not gotten over 57 deg yet, so I guess it just needed a little breaking in (??)Anyhow, kind of glad to hear that I wasn't alone...

BTW, I got the Harbor Freight pneumatic staple gun, but had to buy another from Home Depot because the Harbor freight gun could not use 1/4" staples, and anything longer is too long for a lot of the stapling. Minimum depth staples Harbor Freight gun could use is 5/8"

Any body have any feedback on material choices? Unfortunately I missed this but might pull the trigger before a ride to Nova Scotia this summer...Thanks, Ray.

I decided to go with the carbon fiber texture for the whole seat. I wanted to be able to move around on the seat without being hindered (no pun intended) by their grip surface. So far it seems like the right choice for me, but as with any opinion, YMMV.

Finally got my seat installed. My installation is OK, not great. Will probably do some tweaking in the future. I went with the gripper top and plain vinyl sides, thinking that it would better match the stock passenger seat (which I didn't replace).

After a few hundred miles in the saddle, I can say the the new seat is considerably more comfortable than stock. This is due in large part to the fact that the SC foam is firmer, wider and flatter, and distributes the weight more evenly. The gripper top certainly works. I must lift off the seat a bit in order to change positions. And I'm no longer pushed toward the tank under deceleration. The reach to the ground actually seems a bit longer than stock, but it hasn't been an issue. I'm pleased with the purchase.

seat_concepts.jpg