• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group buy Seat Concepts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a S/C on both my 450 Husky and my DR650, somehow I missed this group buy.....
lazy.gif
lazy.gif
any chance there will be another one anytime soon?

This one started in December 2015, so maybe there will be another if/when there's enough demand. Did you see the minimum number required? It's a few posts back.

While the group buy was a smokin' deal, the regular price is a steal compared to any other seat option out there. If your in the market, don't wait for a group buy -- you'll just be sorry you didn't have the seat while you waited.

And if you do get one, bear in mind the gripper cover really means it. Man. Where you put your butt is where it stays.

I have a S/C on both my 450 Husky and my DR650, somehow I missed this group buy.....
lazy.gif
lazy.gif
any chance there will be another one anytime soon?

You might check advrider.com. If I remember right there is a discount from SC to forum members. The discount is not as substantial as the group buy, but it will help.

Sorry for the misinformation. SC discontinued the discount as of 6/1/16

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys satisfied with the seat? I'm thinking about going this route. I might try to fit the SC foam on to my corbin seat pan or sell the corbin and buy a stocker just so I can cannibalize it. Do any of the people that purchased this seat live in the PNW? I would like to look at the seat before I commit to it.

The Seat Concepts worked its magic for my 50CC ride a few months ago. The savings over any other custom seat probably paid for my gas bill to San Diego and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need more miles on mine. Been running a Sargent, just recently completed the SC. First impression is every bit as good as the Sargent, but with no slipping into the tank (because of the gripper cover).

I am happy with the seat. Much better than stock .

In my opinion the biggest problem with the stock seat WAS the grippy material. I specifically avoided getting it on the Seat Concepts and glad I did

So the key here is to figure out who has what near where you are. I often have the ability to lend one or the other seats if needed for a day. I'm in central Florida, and imagine others would do similar in other areas.

(Not part of the group buy) however.....A+ for seat concepts in my opinion. I was on the bike for a total of 340 kms yesterday and roughly 200 the day before. Not much for some of you people, but for me, 200 kms on any given ride, prior to the new seat install, was where (and when) the twitch would start. I can only image how comfortable the Laam or RDL are.

I just returned from a road trip that took me through 15 states and totaled over 5000 miles of riding over the course of 12 days (10 days of riding). I have to say the Seat Concepts seat was great. Having the proper undergarments was also key - but after a long day in the saddle, I wasn't in any pain afterwards. My personal limitation was discomfort in hip joints really, but having some highway pegs on my Canyon Cages allowed me to change positions.

Am I saying it's as good as a Laam seat? No - I've never tried one. But for those who can't drop the $$ and wait around for a full custom built seat, I think this is the best alternative at a great value. I also really like the looks of it.

I went with the carbon fiber cover (non-grip) and was a little uncertain at first. It felt almost too slippery to me, especially with riding pants on (first tried in early spring of this year). It just required me to get used to the surface and it's no longer an issue. One thing I did notice as someone who is on the shorter side (i.e. can't flat foot at all) was that when I come to a stop, I can shift to the side much easier to flat foot either side.

I let my friend take my bike out for a spin and he tells me it feels firm - I guess he's never tried a Corbin! I think it has the perfect amount of support and wouldn't want it any firmer or softer.

Anyway - hope this feedback helps someone make a decision. I figure at the price point of the group buy I'd take a chance and probably could get most of money back if it was a bust... but it was money well spent in my opinion.