• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group buy Seat Concepts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea.....their website isn't the easiest thing to navigate....but they have a few different material color options, as well as texture AND thread options.

My error.......I contacted them, and found out that the FJR seat is NOT available with that color of side pane......stitching yes, but not side panel.

My covers were delivered today! :D

I will try to remember to take photos as I recover, hopefully before Sunday, and then post them here.

Thanks again to s.ga.rider for setting this up. It was PERFECT timing for me!

Mine just got delivered today - I had them do the install because I wanted them perfect. I don't think I could have a local place do it for less $$. I'm anxious to get home and check it out but sadly I won't be able to test them anytime soon. It's 14 degrees outside today.
uhoh.gif

I got the all carbon fiber covers for both F & R. If anyone wants pics I'll be happy to snap a few when I get home.

Bundle up, go out and sit on it for an hour and let us know how it feels......
rolleyes.gif

Mine was delivered yesterday. I just bought some glue and stainless steel staples today and will attempt the installation tomorrow.

BTW, I noticed they included the plastic cover sheet, but the instructions said it does not apply to bucket seats, so it will not be used. (I guess it's because the cover is sewn thru the foam to the support on bottom of the foam and you can't get the plastic at the sewn area) I'll be leaving the plastic off.

I made a big goof when I sent them my seat pans for the install for front and rear. I originally seat just both seat pans and no rear foam
fool.gif
fool.gif
fool.gif
So I had to send a second package to them with my rear foam which has added a least a week to my down time. Luckily its been butt ass cold here.

They got my rear foam today so hopefully I'll have my seats back next week.

I'm so glad I had Seat Concepts do the install because it looks great. I'm also glad I went with the all carbon fiber cover... love it. I've only sat on it for a few mins but I think it'll work out very well for me. It has a little bit of a pocket for your arse but it isn't as pronounced as what you'd find on a Corbin.

Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be able to take a ride on it. <sigh>

Install was straight forward. Took me about an hour to do both seats. After the install I took about a hour and a half ride. Compared to the stock seat it sits noticeably lower and doesn't have the upward curve of the factory seat. It was comfortable on my ride and is definitely a firmer material. Time will tell on longer rides.

Can anyone please post a link to the video for installation on our FJR1300s, please? 1st gen if there is a choice. thank you!

Can anyone please post a link to the video for installation on our FJR1300s, please? 1st gen if there is a choice. thank you!
This is the video referred to in the instructions that came with the product. Would be the same for the FJR unless you're referring to a different video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted Seat Concepts to see if they had a video for a seat with a "pocket" like the Gen 1 and they sent a link for this video for the FZ09:

I'm wishing I had sent it in for them to do it. Still trying to get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seat is mounted and looks great.very fast tur around time and excellent work. Maybe weather will allow a test run today.

Thanks SOUTH Georgia R idea for your efforts on this.It is greatly appreciated.

I contacted Seat Concepts to see if they had a video for a seat with a "pocket" like the Gen 1 and they sent a link for this video for the FZ09:

Yeah, I watched that video before I ordered mine. It's why I sent them my seat so they could do it. It's on the UPS truck for delivery today.
punk.gif

And the weather is looking good for a Sat or Sun ride with temps in the 60s.
punk.gif
punk.gif

Got out today for a short 4 hour ride. The new seat is awesome. I no longer have the issue of being "pushed" into the tank. So glad I got in on this deal.

THANKS S. GA. Rider