• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group buy Seat Concepts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. Got a lot more orders than I expected so my first group buy turned out great. Thanks for everyones participation.

I ordered mine before the group buy was posted. It was delivered Tuesday, and got it installed Wednesday. I had an upholsterer (friendly acquaintance) do it. The installer said everything fit perfectly, and it looked like it - what fine quality and great value, even w/o the 30% discount. I only sat on it for a few minutes, what a difference. Those who got in on the group buy are in for a treat, good for you.
smile.png
Would be great to see pictures of it!
I've taken off the tank & plastic so these pictures don't do the seat justice, but here you go -

0101161251a_zpsifbecthi.jpg

0101161251_zpscetsl0lf.jpg

0101161252_zpsvuoiosc1.jpg

Ignore the dirt on the pillion seat, it's the stock seat cover and didn't get a chance to clean it off.

For what it's worth, I've probably put 350 miles on mine -- a series of 40-mile trips with one at 150 miles -- and am happy with the way it looks AND with the way it feels. Remarks:

1) The seat keeps my butt in the "cup" at the back edge of the pilot seat and provides significant lateral support.

2) The non-skid surface is indeed grippy.

3) I seem to sit a little lower than on the stock seat; not much but it is noticeable.

4) Haven't ridden for more than 90 minutes at one go. Will have to do a 6-hour gig in the seat to fully adopt it as mine.

Got my invoice earlier, already paid. Just need to get my seats shipped to them.

THANKS for putting this together.

Shipped my seat pans off today. Can't wait to get them back.
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

Got mine and will be sending payment!

Can't wait for spring! It's going to be a great year

Curious what the next step is, do they send you a tracking number when they ship to you? I paid my invoice Jan. 4, was hoping I'd hear from them.

If anyone hasn't gotten an invoice let me know
I haven't received an invoice yet. Do I need to go through you or can I deal directly with Roger (?).

If possible, I'd like to change my order to sending in my seats and having S.C. do the installation.

John Casteel.