Have the terms and rules changed with regards to vulgarity?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I do not like to hear or read vulgarity, especially the F*** word. I do not accept it in my home and it was generally not accepted in my place of business. I understand that there are places where it is commonly used and that there are people who use an expletive as every other word they speak. I have learned to accept it from people who's company I enjoy and I avoid the others. When I first joined this forum I immediately realized how it was going to be around here and I chose to stay. I am glad I did.

really endeared me to the ppI joined this forum when I bought my '06. For years I both kidded around, ran a group buy, did some research for folks when they had questions back when I understood the original forum software, did a couple "how to" threads with photos, went to rallies, and generally tried to be a productive member. I also enjoyed hearing about bust's nuts being in a box due to Mrs. Bust being annoyed, Howie having a manatee crush (which I learned in the thread detailing his engine swap facilitated by forum members), and other interesting tidbits. I even discovered goats -- hubba hubba.
Growing up Roman Catholic never really endeared me to a politically correct view of how life and how it somehow "should" be. Who decides that anyway? Hell I disagree with members all the time, and they disagree with me. But two major bonds I have seen work to smooth things over are humor (even attempted humor from the seriously dull) and the cmmonality of motorcycling. One without the other is less in my opinion. Using IGNORE is lessening the whole experience, and if you want to do that -- go ahead. Laissez faire -- which is my point.

I don't visit as often in part because I personally have seen the mods as ever more heavy handed over the years at times (PURELY my perception and opinion and not to be a troll). And also, My '06 FJR is pretty much set up the way I want it, with ignition relay harness from a forum member installed, Garauld bits installed, etc. So not much new for me and my FJR.

One reason I do come back is for the camaraderie of the old timers and some of the new timer's insights. I enjoy Old Michael's ride reports and Mad Mike II's common sense. Sometimes I still try to look up old informative threads or FAQ sections. And I enjoy dull threads spiced by humor, even vulgar humor.

Personally I enjoy seeing old men in thongs.
Amen Shiny!! That's perfect! We shall build a Shrine in your Honor right next to FJRay's. When I move to OR, I'll live right in between the both of you. You guys get it. Must be something in the water up there! :))

Gawd...I swear. Put a cock in it shiny! Goat loving turd!
I can't argue with any of that! Then again most cops don't get hard taking pictures of me doing lewd and liscivious behavior...
Remember when me an you and Rays goats had the orgy.. Poor zilla was beating the crap outa hisself so furiously he forgot to take pictures??

Man!! Was I PISSED!

Amen Shiny!! That's perfect! We shall build a Shrine in your Honor right next to FJRay's. When I move to OR, I'll live right in between the both of you. You guys get it. Must be something in the water up there! :))
You'd be living in the shadow of Crater Lake then. Chilly in the winter -- wear two thongs!

Between my size and Ray, you better have a good sized plot of land for that shrine.

This forum version of the Sunday funnies is great.

How many remember the seven words you can't say on TV. I do but I recite them daily.

I can't argue with any of that! Then again most cops don't get hard taking pictures of me doing lewd and liscivious behavior...
Remember when me an you and Rays goats had the orgy.. Poor zilla was beating the crap outa hisself so furiously he forgot to take pictures??

Man!! Was I PISSED!
Which time Bust? Me memory is getting fuzzy.

This thread must be getting dull...

This forum version of the Sunday funnies is great.
How many remember the seven words you can't say on TV. I do but I recite them daily.
George Carlin -- God rest his soul. I saw him several times in concert. The list was endless in 1998 at his Boston College concert. Ran for 15 minutes at least. My date thought it vulgar and I never did get another date with her.

I left the theater crying so hard I had stitches.

You'd be living in the shadow of Crater Lake then. Chilly in the winter -- wear two thongs!

Between my size and Ray, you better have a good sized plot of land for that shrine.
Uh Oh! Then I'll just become a snow bird. I'll summer up there and winter in Florida! That'll suit me just fine! :)

My date thought it vulgar and I never did get another date with her.
I left the theater crying so hard I had stitches.
Then that wasn't the girl for you Shiny. Count your blessings. I saw him twice when I lived in California. Anybody who didn't think that was funny wasn't going to be in my life for long! :)

I wonder what quantity of material there would be to read if all posts only consisted of motorcycle information. There can't be too many subjects concerning our fantastic motorcycles that have not been covered in the past and can't be brought up with our search options. I am personally not talented enough for the so called vulgar talk on this forum, but I can recognize talent when I read it. I mean guys like Bust, Beamerdon and even HotRodZilla. What a boring site this would be without them. I enjoy being able to ask questions and get answers, but the good old fashioned humor is what I enjoy most. I have met these three jokers and enjoy being around them and truly enjoy the wiseass humor they provide on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only take coming here 6 days a week...

but seriously, with the PC crap, the sexual harrassment vulnerability, and the thin skinned...pole up da ass...nose in the air world of folks in our neighborhoods, places of business, and member organizations...this is the place to be for FJR Folks to be entertained. It's a wide spectrum here from informative, to personal generousity and empathy, to dripping sarcasm, and yes, hardly anyhing sacred. And we must have something to argue about since what is defined as offensive by the rules are politics, religion, and accurately describing another's personality.

<siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkeeeeeee>

There are also times when I need to know something and know I will find it here. The knowledge here is beyond compare. Some members here seem to know more about the mechanical aspects of this bike than the guys that designed and built them.

Very True......... and therein often lies the problem. We seem to have a self appointed Dick Up Posse that is on patrol 24/7 looking for any thread that has useful information so that they can pollute it with their useless garbage and make it almost impossible for anyone to find anything worth reading let alone an answer to a question. Sometimes its hard to believe that the members of the Posse actually ride a FJR, have jobs, families, or any social life outside of their Posse responsibilities because of how quickly they can identify and dick up otherwise very useful threads. Fortunately, we have the IGNORE option that I started using about a month ago and its made this Forum a good source of information again.
This is precisely what I found annoying and what prompted the original post.

I brought up vulgarity because it seems to be associated with almost every thread that is "dicked up". BTW, I do not consider the use of the regular "cuss" words vulgar. Vulgar to me implies crude and tasteless.

In any case, as has been clearly pointed out, the information and knowledge here is second to none, and the vast majority (and maybe all) of the posters seem to be nice people,

Now that I have been made aware of the ignore feature I'm able to get to that information more easily, and for that I am happy.
Well congrats flagstaff!! this is the fastest growing threat since bust went on his rant last year about newbs posting dumbass questions that have already been discussed a thousand time before. Good job!!

No pictures of old fat guys in thongs...Please, God...for the love of all things wholesome and decent...NO OLD FAT GUYS IN THONGS!!!!

cat-praying-to-get-out.jpg

I can only take coming here 6 days a week...
but seriously, with the PC crap, the sexual harrassment vulnerability, and the thin skinned...pole up da ass...nose in the air world of folks in our neighborhoods, places of business, and member organizations...this is the place to be for FJR Folks to be entertained. It's a wide spectrum here from informative, to personal generousity and empathy, to dripping sarcasm, and yes, hardly anyhing sacred. And we must have something to argue about since what is defined as offensive by the rules are politics, religion, and accurately describing another's personality.

<siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkeeeeeee>
This from a guy who's scoots cockpit would confuse a Southwest airlines pilot..Talk about vulgar!

:fuck:

No pictures of old fat guys in thongs...Please, God...for the love of all things wholesome and decent...NO OLD FAT GUYS IN THONGS!!!!
cat-praying-to-get-out.jpg
Not for lack of trying believe me! For some reason a filter shut me down...
no.gif

Oh an Thanks Jer.. once in a while it's nice to know somebody besides those i beat up an steal lunch money from "get" me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Man!! Was I PISSED!
I wonder if people who have you on ignore see your posts in a quote?

Well congrats flagstaff!! this is the fastest growing threat since bust went on his rant last year about newbs posting dumbass questions that have already been discussed a thousand time before. Good job!!
Yeah! We have to give credit where credit is due blrfjr. I can't believe I just said that! Bless me Father for I have sinned! I'm going to Hell Now. Bye Bye. ;-))

Status
Not open for further replies.