Have the terms and rules changed with regards to vulgarity?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only take coming here 6 days a week...
but seriously, with the PC crap, the sexual harrassment vulnerability, and the thin skinned...pole up da ass...nose in the air world of folks in our neighborhoods, places of business, and member organizations...this is the place to be for FJR Folks to be entertained. It's a wide spectrum here from informative, to personal generousity and empathy, to dripping sarcasm, and yes, hardly anyhing sacred. And we must have something to argue about since what is defined as offensive by the rules are politics, religion, and accurately describing another's personality.

<siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkeeeeeee>
This from a guy who's scoots cockpit would confuse a Southwest airlines pilot..Talk about vulgar!

fuck.gif
only a SW Airlines Pilot...now I AM offended

I mean, there's the F-4, Mig 21, Concorde, Sr-71 you twat
weirdsmiley.gif

As I was on my way to work tonight I started to feel bad for Flagstaff and shit pile he stirred up. Then I remembered the the great Redd Foxx and his response when asked why he was so vulgar and his fondness for the words "Shit and Fuck". Now I paraphrase, but i think it went something like this; cause people fuck and shit, and if you dont fuck............shit, if you dont shit..........fuuuck.
Can we look forward to your finding more opportunities in this thread to use those words you seem so fond of?
rolleyes.gif

I understand that what one might consider vulgar is subjective, but without pointing out specific posts (unless you'd like me to) it seems that the vulgarity line is crossed on a regular basis. I'm sure we are all smart enough to know what I am referring to in this case.
So, where do the board administrators stand on this issue?
For once, a post that dares us to acknowledge that others have a different

understanding of what passes for civil discourse on the Internet. I think a

conversation of this type can do wonders to advance our understanding and

knowledge of how to take a online forum and bring it back to the basics.

Offhand, I can think of many posts that I've read that made me cringe. I know that

freedom of expression is something we all clearly aspire to, but just

for once, we should endeavor towards more civil discourse.

Me? I would expect the rest of the forum to welcome Flagstaffs perspective

and try to assess the content of your post to ensure it meets with

the spirit of the forum rules. This forum has no room for those with poor

etiquette and we would do well to raise the standards of this forum, for once

!

ohno-smiley02.gif
Nice Hudson!

Is winter over yet??? Bike maintenance is done, weather is shitty, no riding yet
lol2.gif
punk.gif

I wonder if people who have you on ignore see your posts in a quote?
No, and that's a factor that makes that otherwise nice feature a bit suboptimal.
If I understand your question, I think the answer is YES. If I have Dick on ignore and one of his posts is quoted by Tom, I see Dick's comment in Tom's quote when I read Tom's post.

This thread puts me in mind of a kind of a corollary discussion to that of vulgarity, viz., class--as in, "Show a little class." Or is that an anachronism also?

I can only take coming here 6 days a week...
but seriously, with the PC crap, the sexual harrassment vulnerability, and the thin skinned...pole up da ass...nose in the air world of folks in our neighborhoods, places of business, and member organizations...this is the place to be for FJR Folks to be entertained. It's a wide spectrum here from informative, to personal generousity and empathy, to dripping sarcasm, and yes, hardly anyhing sacred. And we must have something to argue about since what is defined as offensive by the rules are politics, religion, and accurately describing another's personality.

<siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkeeeeeee>
This from a guy who's scoots cockpit would confuse a Southwest airlines pilot..Talk about vulgar!

fuck.gif
only a SW Airlines Pilot...now I AM offended

I mean, there's the F-4, Mig 21, Concorde, Sr-71 you twat
weirdsmiley.gif
Well now.. lets not forget the piper j3 cub.. or cessna's 172 skyhawk.. talk about technology..

an whats me twat got to do with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that what one might consider vulgar is subjective, but without pointing out specific posts (unless you'd like me to) it seems that the vulgarity line is crossed on a regular basis. I'm sure we are all smart enough to know what I am referring to in this case.

So, where do the board administrators stand on this issue?
For once, a post that dares us to acknowledge that others have a different

understanding of what passes for civil discourse on the Internet. I think a

conversation of this type can do wonders to advance our understanding and

knowledge of how to take a online forum and bring it back to the basics.

Offhand, I can think of many posts that I've read that made me cringe. I know that

freedom of expression is something we all clearly aspire to, but just

for once, we should endeavor towards more civil discourse.

Me? I would expect the rest of the forum to welcome Flagstaffs perspective

and try to assess the content of your post to ensure it meets with

the spirit of the forum rules. This forum has no room for those with poor

etiquette and we would do well to raise the standards of this forum, for once

!
:eek:hno-smiley02: Nice Hudson!

Is winter over yet??? Bike maintenance is done, weather is shitty, no riding yet :lol2: :punk:
Auburn, your brain has an Evil Streak! Me Likey a lot! Hope things thaw out quickly for you guys. :)

This thread puts me in mind of a kind of a corollary discussion to that of vulgarity, viz., class--as in, "Show a little class." Or is that an anachronism also?
Well in it's formative days the forum was far less sensitive.

I recall Two Wheel Nut handing out some rather abrupt "advice" Seems we've softened some since then..

Thanks Flagstaff! Just read 116 responses to your post. I'll be thinking about your whiny post and the the sleep I lost all day tomorrow.

But maybe you have a point. If these Fucktards and sheep fuckers would shape up and clean thing up thier act around here, maybe I'd get off the computer and get something productive done.

I can't believe I read this whole thing. Geesh, there's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I see the noobs are venting, or the natives are getting wrestles, I wondered where the old timers were. Now I know.

I KNOW, right? I happen to be a frequent reader and contributor on forums relating to baking, embroidery, and yoga, and almost never hear the term "fucktard" there. What the heck IS it with these motorcycle fellows?
rofl.gif

Sacto Mike you crack me up.

I just don't have time for this. Back to hibernation....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.