Heliriser removal = shorter bolts?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-Voltron

Reaction score
My bike came with helirisers installed by the original owner. If I were to remove the riser blocks would I need shorter bolts?

I didn't receive any additional bolts from the original owner.

The original screws are the screws that hold the Helirisers on your triple clamp.When you remove the risers you must use these screws for tight your handlebars on the triple clamp without the helirisers.Have a look at this pdf:

https://www.helibars.com/sites/default/files/install_instructions/HC1300R%20Install%20Instructions.pdf
I must not have Helirisers because I don't see anything that looks similar. My risers are blocks under each clip-on. There's a bunch of long bolts without heads.

Anyone know how to get those bolts out with no heads?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you take some photos from your risers and post it here?I have never heard anything like this..!bolts without heads..??!!

There are plastic inserts covering the visible bolt holes, if that's what you mean by "bolts with no heads." They just pry out.

Underneath you'll find the bolts that hold the handlebars to the blocks, and thos bolts are the ones that with hold the handlebars to the triple tree when the riser blocks are removed. Then cover the holes with the plastic inserts to clean it up.

If you sell the riser blocks, the other six bolts and the two extra hole covers go with them.

There are plastic inserts covering the visible bolt holes, if that's what you mean by "bolts with no heads." They just pry out.

Underneath you'll find the bolts that hold the handlebars to the blocks, and thos bolts are the ones that with hold the handlebars to the triple tree when the riser blocks are removed. Then cover the holes with the plastic inserts to clean it up.

If you sell the riser blocks, the other six bolts and the two extra hole covers go with them.
Ah, yes I see now!! :clapping:

I just ordered set of 6 OEM bolts so that I can bring my bike back to normal riding position. :D

:good:

Don't need no steenkin' bolts. The ones that hold the bars to the blocks are the OEM bolts!
:good: