• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) They are more expensive but the key will fit in the tumbler, and it is simple to reconfigure to your key code see: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...amp;hl=guardian. It mounts to the bracket perfectly. It is exactly the same as the helmet guardian lock shown in the above thread, only your key will fit in with no guessing. This is a very nice setup.

The free shipping offer expires February 29th, 2008. ALL ORDERS must be post marked before 3-1-08 to qualify for free shipping. Thanks and safe riding... Scott

WW-

Yes, it looks like a good fit - haven't been able to install yet, picking up the bike next weekend. But don't see any problems on installing it. Went ahead and re-keyed the lock to the FJR (dealer gave me the spare key to use).

Polarize,Did this bracket work with your 04 Vstar classic 1100 helmet lock?

THx,

WW

Scott,

I received your left and right brackets for my FJR2005 and also the helmet guardian chrome locks last week. Because Cyclegadgets sent me the Yamaha 'keyed' versions, all I had to do was take them to my locksmith and in 10 minutes and $18 dollars later I was out the door with just one Yamaha ignition key to carry for all. Your brackets with locks went right on the bike and look and work great. I'm very pleased with this farkle! Thanks for your efforts.

Anyone have a picture with a helmet attached.... Curious how low it hangs with the mounting point...

Anyone have a picture with a helmet attached.... Curious how low it hangs with the mounting point...
___________________________________________________________________________________

Below is a picture of a full face helmet on the left side of an 2007 FJR... The right side is at about the same location. The Gen I is slightly forward of these...
LSwhelmet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more examples of the helmet on the bike to give you some idea of the clearance. This helmet is a size medium with the Intercom audio system attached to it (shown locked on each side). I have more pictures of the lock only attached but Scott has shown some earlier in forum.

30as4ti.jpg

RIGHT SIDE

2lnv42w.jpg

RIGHT SIDE

24pmjk8.jpg

LEFT SIDE

2irou41.jpg

LEFT SIDE

For the month of July only, I am offering FREE SHIPPING on all helmet lock brackets. All orders must be post marked July to qualify for this offer....

Please e-mail me direct for further information/pictures at: [email protected]. Please include the make (I also manufacture brackets for several BMW's) and year. All brackets are in stock for ALL MODEL YEARS ready for immediate delivery.....

Thank you and safe riding...

Scott

Scott,

Any free shipping deals for the month of September and the remainder of August?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if a Helmet Guardian (or Yamaha) LOCK CYLINDER only, can be ordered that matches the ignition key to the FJR? If so, maybe a website address? Thanks ahead of time.. Scott

Below is a picture of a left side bracket with a Helmet Guardian lock and a single Powerlet outlet attached. The left side cover is not installed (sorry, I don't have pictures with the side cover on). These brackets, (with the electrical outlet) FIT ONLY 2006 and up (Gen II) bikes.. The Gen I brackets are still available, just no electrical outlet option... Scott

LSWoutlet.jpg

Now available for Generation I bikes (2003-2005) is a left side lock bracket with a tab to mount an BMW style electrical outlet. BMW style outlets are commonly used for plugging in heated clothing, battery chargers, air compressors, etc. Pictured below is the bracket mounted on the left side with a Helmet Gaurdian lock assembly and an electrical outlet installed.

Helmet lock brackets for all year FJR's are in stock. For further information/pictures, etc please e-mail me direct at: [email protected] Thanks, Scott

P1010046.jpg

I have 2 of these and they are both rekeyed on the 06. Excellent product and would buy it again. I bought the left side with 2 powerlett plug and the right side with none.