• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update.
Yamaha has apparently changed some part #'s around. I believe the correct part # for the lock will be:

4R8-21308-01-00

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-4R8-21308-01-00.html

There's a pic of the key offset(same as the FJR) and I was told that pic is from Partzilla's warehouse..

I will know for certain in a week or two but until then I would not buy any lock assemblies using the old / previous part numbers
Just to reiterate, the part number that was spoken of in this thread prior to 2015 26H-21308-01-00 definitely is the opposite offset (like most of the guardians these days) DAMHIK. Scot makes it clear if you go through the whole thread. 4R8-21308-01-00 is the way to go!

Department of Redundancy Department #ReadingComprehension

An update.

Yamaha has apparently changed some part #'s around. I believe the correct part # for the lock will be:

4R8-21308-01-00

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-4R8-21308-01-00.html

There's a pic of the key offset(same as the FJR) and I was told that pic is from Partzilla's warehouse..

I will know for certain in a week or two but until then I would not buy any lock assemblies using the old / previous part numbers
Just to reiterate, the part number that was spoken of in this thread prior to 2015 26H-21308-01-00 definitely is the opposite offset (like most of the guardians these days) DAMHIK. Scot makes it clear if you go through the whole thread. 4R8-21308-01-00 is the way to go!

Department of Redundancy Department #Reading Comprehension

Plus 1 ^^^.

The 4R8-21308-01-00 is a genuine Yamaha Part # with the correct "key offset".

Other Yamaha locks may have the opposite offset (but the exterior is the same)

The Helmet Guardians, you have a 50/50 chance of getting the correct offset..

And thanks to all that took advantage of the shipping special this month!!

Last edited by a moderator: