herfjr and zooomm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabayliner

Reaction score
Well friends and neighbors of the Beautiful NW, we may have an upcoming problem. Some members (from NY area) who will remain namesless to protect the innocent (Insert Joke Here)are planning to be here about July 11 and 12th and need some help with things to do and see. I think they would like a nice place to stay in the South Seattle Area (nice and clean place to sleep) and use that as a staging point for places of interest.

With that said, Please provide some ideas for Touresty stuff for them to do. They plan on doing the Pike Place Market but would like some more choices....

If as an example you say San Juan Islands then please provide some basic info like when is best time to go on the ferry and ideas like that...

Let er Rip!!!!

Plus they would like to meet up with any who can so maybe an idea or two about a central place to meet.

And thank you!!!

Well friends and neighbors of the Beautiful NW, we may have an upcoming problem. Some members (from NY area) who will remain namesless to protect the innocent (Insert Joke Here)are planning to be here about July 11 and 12th and need some help with things to do and see.
Let er Rip!!!!
Not living in Seattle or thereabouts, can't really help with touristy stuff. I would rather ride. So to that end, I would suggest they arrive by way of SR20 and Leave by way of FR25 and SR14. :rolleyes:

Being kind of an aviation town, I think the Museum of Flight is pretty cool. And, if anyone gets a chance a tour of the Everett Boeing plant is always a good time: Boeing Plant Tour

There's always the aquarium and the zoo to see. If they're running, take one of the Duck tours. People seem to enjoy the Seattle Underground tour in Pioneer Square. A Mariners game is always fun; Safeco Field is a great ballpark.

If they're riding, there is no way they should leave town without doing the Cascade Loop: East on SR 2, North on SR 97, West on SR 153, then SR 20, South on SR 530, then I-5 home. Lazy 2 day ride, or kick butt one day ride. Either way, it's a must do.

I would suggest that they have lunch or dinner at the Jolly Roger Taproom. It's part of the Maritime Pacific Brewing Company located in beautiful Ballard at 1514 NW Leary Way. The food is excellent and their beer is superb. Afterward they can take a casual walk around downtown Ballard and check out the fish ladder at the Locks. Or they can ride down to neighboring funky Fremont and check out the Troll under the Aurora Bridge.

IMG_0265.jpg

Iffin y'all er enta "tall mountains", Eye heared thet airs a kupple of'em in Washington, purdy nere tuh Seattle.

Furst wood bee thet volcano wun thet went "BOOM" a few yeers agoe. Mt. St. Helens? Eye think ets 'bout 70 miles Southa Seattle.

Sekund, ther es sposed tuh be nuther mountayne jist East uh Seaddle, en sombuddy sed et hadda glaysher, tew.

Butt, Eye doesn't live neer tuh them places, Eye jist rode threw there wunce er twiced.

I would suggest that they have lunch or dinner at the Jolly Roger Taproom. It's part of the Maritime Pacific Brewing Company located in beautiful Ballard at 1514 NW Leary Way. The food is excellent and their beer is superb. Afterward they can take a casual walk around downtown Ballard and check out the fish ladder at the Locks. Or they can ride down to neighboring funky Fremont and check out the Troll under the Aurora Bridge.
IMG_0265.jpg
That is so cool! I am putting that on our list of things to do. Thanks!

Mike is right about going up to Windy Ridge (Mt. Saint Helens) on your way south. Lot's of twisty's and when you get to the top the view is awe inspiring.....

Mike is right about going up to Windy Ridge (Mt. Saint Helens) on your way south. Lot's of twisty's and when you get to the top the view is awe inspiring.....
Oooooo,

I can't wait!!!
Yes...but after seeing the view and taking in the sights, then listening to the ranger explain what happened and how it happened....

....you have to ride that same road back down the mountain! Darn, drat, heck and pshaw!!!

Spirit Lake (The one often photographed with the dead, white trees floating in it) will be on your right going uphill and on your left heading downhill.

It's amazing to ride through the old growth forest and then break out into the area where the blast denuded the earth.

Of course, there is much that is breathtaking in the forests of the PNW. It is truly like riding through a cathedral with the tall pines reaching skyward and the thin blue stripe of sky overhead. I was amazed at the "underbrush" that was 4"-6" tall....and green...unlike the forests in California.

If you should decide on a trip to San Juan Island, send me a pm. I would be willing to show you the Island, fire up the BBQ and maybe have a Beer.

Dave

Oooooo,

I can't wait!!!
June 18th, Forest Road #99 access to Windy Ridge Viewpoint at Mount Saint Helens is still blocked by five feet to seven feet of snow.

Oooooo,

I can't wait!!!
June 18th, Forest Road #99 access to Windy Ridge Viewpoint at Mount Saint Helens is still blocked by five feet to seven feet of snow.
NF-25 going to NF-99 is also still closed, as of yesterday (6/22) when we went past it.

Thanks for the suggestions and the heads-up on the closed roads. SNOW??!!! Wow!

We are leaving tomorrow (Friday July 4) as scheduled. I hope I can find time to get on my laptop so that I can PM some of you. We expect to be around Reno/Tahoe area on Sunday afternoon. We expect to be in Seattle by Friday the 11th.

I'm so psyched!!! :yahoo:

Hooray....we're in beautiful downtown Seattle sitting at Tully's by Pike's Market. We have had a wonderful trip so far and are looking forward to more as we head down the coast in the next few days.

We'll post pics and a ride report when we return to NY in a week or so.

We're heading over to Pacific Maritime Brewery right now for a bite to eat.

Thanks for setting us up with the great weather. :yahoo:

We're heading over to Pacific Maritime Brewery right now for a bite to eat. Thanks for setting us up with the great weather. :yahoo:
Arrgh.., I hope you'll be wearing your pirate grab to the Jolly tonite.
Yeah, so ok...we were there and no, we did not wear pirate outfits, although we should have. Food was good but we did not try any beer.

We went to see the troll under the bridge....that was pretty cool too.