Hi ALL! Have wanted an FJR for a long time and ready to pull trigger, price check?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard. I think you made a great choice. Those scratches aren't worth fixing. And if you do what a large number of FJR owners (like me) have done and drop it while turning around, you are going to be able to shake it right off.

It sounds like you've ridden her pretty hard already, so I'm surprised you still feel the need for that 6th gear. Usually once you realize that she purrs even happier over 3500 rpms you lose that need to shift as soon. I catch myself accidentally leaving it in 4th sometimes now.

I only feel the Gen3 engine heat when I ride with shortie socks. So I don't do that any more.
Have you tried a Speedo thong and matching flip flops? In HiViz yellow of course.

Again, it seems that every complaint the OP has discussed with us here has been addressed by Yamaha with the Gen2 and 3 bikes. The heat issue was improved both times. I am happy the OP is so happy with his "new" bike. It was the cream of the Sport Touring crop in 2004. But if he wants it to perform at the 2015 standard... Well, it is only money.

I only feel the Gen3 engine heat when I ride with shortie socks. So I don't do that any more.
Whew, you had me worried for a minute Hud. I originally read that ^^^^ as short shorts...not the image I wanted to see!
uhoh.gif

--G

Nope. The days of riding in nylon shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops ended when I left Honolulu in 1982. These days I feel guilty riding in jeans.

(But you could stab the shift lever between your foot and the flip-flop and work it up or down easily.)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^ Lucky me, that never happened. Or am I just that superior a rider?
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^ Lucky me, that never happened. Or am I just that superior a rider? :rolleyes:
Obviously superior ;) .

Not that I've ever done that, but I did once get the Velcro strap on my pants catch on something. Luckily the strap gave way before I lost the bike. The stitching, not the Velcro. Ever since then I've only bought gear that is unlikely to get tangled with anything.

This is a good place to pick up the heat fix. Look on Ebay and search for FJR1300 heat fix. He sells the kit for 28 and it works great.

I need it. I rode the bike up to LA yesterday and I was pretty unhappy with the heat issue. I spent more than an hour lane splitting at 25-40mph and it was pretty painful. I wound up spending about 5 hours + in the saddle and other than the heat issue, was comfortable and the bike performed well. I literally need to wear some baseball shin gaurds or something if I do that again. I will check out the ebay item

I was wearing jeans and work boots. I have some 3/4 top SIDI riding boots but I prefer my work boots. They are some namebrand, timberlands I think. My shin is exposed. I think I had an exxagerated expectation for this bike. Even if I was wearing a heavier pant or higher top boot, the heat is a problem.

Latest posts