Home safe and sound

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it back yesterday at about 1 p.m..... a quick 6-hour, uh, flight, from Golden. Stopped in Crawford, NE for a malt and BBQ. MMMMM :)

Got in a few hours ago into Fremont, Ca. Was going from Golden to Reno yesterday but hit some hurricane storm in Wendover and it took alot out of me. Crosswinds of 40-50 mph est. and heavy rains. So I stayed in Winnemucca,900 miles and rode 400 home this morning. Good to see all of you guys in Golden. Mike

P.S. It sure is nice to have a fuel cell for the past 4 years. Makes traveling a little easier.

Got home today at 4pm CDT.

Most dangerous part of the 4800 mile trip...the last 30 miles. :blink:

Thanks griff for riding back with me...Sunday had to be the hottest 600 miles I've ever ridden. Couldn't go 10 miles without taking a sip of H2O. Monday was much cooler due to the rain storms sweeping through Missouri. I now LOVE rain. :clapping: The 550 miles today seemed much easier. :)

Overnited in Blanding & home today around 2 pm..... I rode 141 again before stopping for the night, at about 3 PM ! (with the wife, Kiki) Gotta love the awesome views & sweepers plus the lack of traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say again is, "You sure get to meet and greet alot of neat people at FJR rides and annual gatherings"! Look forward to the next NAFO and WFO. I had many superb "FJR Vintage Rider" moments while in Golden.

Rolled into my driveway at 3 PM Central...

Thanks to everyone associated with the Rally for a wonderful event. I'm terribly envious of those of you living in Colorado who get to ride those roads on a regular basis... Should have some photos to post in a while... including a poll to see if we found Radman's long lost brother at NAFO... ;)

The wife and I just rolled in about 3:30 pm. We traveled with Uberkul and Uber wife. Spent the night in Ely Nv and parted company in Fallon.

We had a great time at the Event and are looking forward to the next.

The staff as usual out did their selves and a special thanks to Two Wheel Nut for putting on a great party. :clapping:

Got home about 1 pm today. Only one really eventful thing happened and it was at about 5 am this morning. Between Ely Nevada and Eureka Nevada a large owl decided that an FJR going 90 looked like a good meal. He hit me directly broadside in the leg. No damage to the bike but lots of feathers and a sore right leg. Enjoyed everyone's company and had a great time .... Rich

got home last night about 10.

flew to oshkosh. sitting at my tent listening to airplanes and enjoying the weather.

computer seems fubar.

great time atnafo with friends and riding buddies. see ya'll next trip!

Spent the night in Amarillo with mbottoms, phil and eric and nosecone. called groo but got no reply. then we saw him at the gas station this morning next to I-40. we hollered and tried to get his attention but it didn't work. got home at 1 pm after riding through the hair dryer of texas, then took a 5 hour nap. like wheaton, i now have a new appreciation for rain too and hate this place even more. 100 in the metromess as i rode through ft worth. i have rode through rain everyday since hitting CO last Sunday. this morning was the best, lots of rain in Amarillo, and my rain suit made it seems like no big deal. my pirelli's rocked some serious shit in the rain too! never did i feel unsafe or any sliding.

lots more later, need food and need to unpack. sorry we missed ya groo. thanks for the company back guys!

got home last night about 10.flew to oshkosh. sitting at my tent listening to airplanes and enjoying the weather.

computer seems fubar.

great time atnafo with friends and riding buddies. see ya'll next trip!
Matt,

You gotta open another thread about Oshkosh and yer piccies from there! :clapping:

Glad you got home again and out to Oshkosh safely...

Rolled into town at 5:53 mountain time giving me 14 minutes to spare on my (first) Bun Burner (1600 miles). :yahoo: This is my second Iron Butt ride, the first being yesterdays 1100 mile run, this board is a really bad influence. 5,411 miles total for me this trip. Mrs. v65 flew home, I'm putting her up for the CBA. :)

Spent the night in Amarillo with mbottoms, phil and eric and nosecone. called groo but got no reply. then we saw him at the gas station this morning next to I-40. we hollered and tried to get his attention but it didn't work.
So you all were just down the street? Sorry I missed your call... must've been somebody else this morning on I-40, since I got gas last night after running down to Palo Duro Canyon, and it was raining when I left the hotel, so I went from the parking lot to the freeway... What time did you think you saw me? I left around 6:30 AM... There was a muy grande thundercell on 287 just outside Amarillo... lots of lightning... tried to stay as low on the bike as I could to avoid any shocking developments.... heh...

Well I got home last thursday about 5:45 pm. Thats right I rode 6 hrs after picking up Petey in Stillwater OK and wound up getting Sick in the panhandle of OK. Rode 600 miles and never got out of OK. LOL

Petey, glad you made it ok there and back. I put on that cool vest after lunch and started feeling better with in an hour. I made it home from guymon in 5 hours.

Glenn

Rolled into town at 5:53 mountain time giving me 14 minutes to spare on my (first) Bun Burner (1600 miles). :yahoo: This is my second Iron Butt ride, the first being yesterdays 1100 mile run, this board is a really bad influence. 5,411 miles total for me this trip. Mrs. v65 flew home, I'm putting her up for the CBA. :)
Glad you made you made it safe and sound - congratulations!!

griff - Carl Griffis

Will post more later with pics and words, but for now just checking in. Arrived home S&S about 8 PM this evening after spending the night in Ely, NV (no rabid owls to speak of). Total miles Silent and I rode is approx. 3,800. In spite of ToeCutter's attempts last night when accompanying Silent and me from Golden to Ely and without even knowing it shaming Silent and me into stopping fewer times than we would have liked to take pics and rest our butts, my membership in CBA appears to be intact. (BTW, Toe continued from Ely on home to the Central Valley, an additional 600 miles to those we'd already put in to get to Ely. We said good-bye to him in the motel parking lot in Ely at about midnight. He arrived S&S, the nut! <_< ).

Jb

Spent the night in Amarillo with mbottoms, phil and eric and nosecone. called groo but got no reply. then we saw him at the gas station this morning next to I-40. we hollered and tried to get his attention but it didn't work.
So you all were just down the street? Sorry I missed your call... must've been somebody else this morning on I-40, since I got gas last night after running down to Palo Duro Canyon, and it was raining when I left the hotel, so I went from the parking lot to the freeway... What time did you think you saw me? I left around 6:30 AM... There was a muy grande thundercell on 287 just outside Amarillo... lots of lightning... tried to stay as low on the bike as I could to avoid any shocking developments.... heh...
I called the second number listed on the FJR Assistance list and left a message. And yeah, we were at the Shell gas station and you were at the stop light. I think it was McDonalds on the other side of you. It was right at I-40 and whatever that corner was. So we would have been on your left as you were waiting at the light in front of the bridge.

I put my rain suit on and loved every minute of that storm! It was really cool when we got a few miles out to Claude and there was an open spot in the sky that let the light through and was kinda behind us. It made everything in front look highlighted, if that makes any sense. It was neat anyways.

Made it. Rolled in around 8ish tonight.

Day 1 with Beerme from Golden to Wendover, NV was slab-licious, I now despise I-80.

Day 2 solo from Wendover to Portland, OR was a criss cross SOB - 812 rural, twisty miles in 14.5 hours, I'm tired (edit - that's not a complaint!). Two more days of vacation, I'll consider throwing together a ride report with my pics.

Almost ran over a pack of burros on SR 140 between Denio, NV and Lakeview, OR. Have to share more on that later...