Home safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Made it home safely. Had a great ride with Bellman. Ran out of the rain after about 45 mins on 81 north. With the clearing skys we chose to detour off on 58 east.Turned out to be a great choice. No rain, which is more than I can say for the ride down. We rode to Meadows of Dan and hopped on the BRP. that didn't last long as we ran into fog with about 15' visability. Yeah, that's right. 15 FEET! Got off onto 221 and rode that to Roanoke. Got on 81 again and that only lasted till Troutville, becasue of the traffic. Got off on 11 and ran right next to the highway on open road almost keeping up with the highway! Got on 340 to Elkton and that was where George and I parted ways. I took the twisties on 33 over the mountain and then ran 29 to 3 to home.

What a great weekend! Was a blast to meet everyone, including JWilly even though he called me an asshole! :finger:

Especially enjoyed the Saturday ride. When is the next EOM???? :drinks:

Hope everyone else has a safe ride home!

What a great weekend! Was a blast to meet everyone, including JWilly even though he called me an asshole! :finger:
Just calling em like i see em... :glare: HaHaHaHa

Glad you made it! Look forward to seeing you next year.

JW

Just calling em like i see em... :glare: HaHaHaHa

Glad you made it! Look forward to seeing you next year.

JW
Outstanding job on organizing the event! I am definitely looking forward to the next one. I will plan vacation, so I can be there sooner and stay longer. Then maybe I can keep up with you on the beer count!! :drinks:

I left JC around 10:00 on Sunday morning and got back around 7:00. I wanted to stay off the interstate, at least part of the ride, so I rode up 119 to Charleston WV. I was able to avoid the slab, but not the rain. It wasn't bad, light drizzle mostly. 1300 miles total for the weekend.

JCtoCharlestonWV.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg

Thanks to the organizers for all their work. But really, with the exception of doing all the routes, pulling together the registrations, "procuring" the door prizes, coordinating the hotel, etc...how hard can it be??? :p

It was great to meet everyone. I'm looking forward to next year...

We made it home safe Saturday. (had a previous engagement Saturday night) We only had a few drizzles which was great.... Thanks to all who made this week-end great! You cant beat meeting great people, eating good food, and of course riding,riding,riding! Thanks again to all who worked so hard to make this possible. Hope to see everyone again next year..... :clapping:

Sherrie and Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived home safe and sound to Canada last night at 8pm. Left at 0600hrs and had been planning on taking I75 back but a quick look at the radar Sunday morning nixed that idea. Took I77 and came across Jay(?) heading home to Ohio. Thankfully the rain was short lived for my 1300km trek.

Many thanx to the organizers of this fine event and those I met. :thumbsup: What an amazing selection of roads. Did the Dragon, Cherohola, the "snake" etc. How long does it take for this grin to wear off?

thanx

Paul

Jason, my brother, and I got home safe. Left at a 1/4 to 11:00am and got home by 5:30pm. Slabbed it the whole way home - what a snore... We had planned to ride the snake on the way home, but the rain had different plans for us. I suppose we could have taken the detour, but if it was going to be like the dragon was on Friday, I didn't even want to ride it. At least it's an excellent excuse to go back when it's not raining. :p Since I don't have a car to put my license plate on, I put it in my office to constantly remind myself of better times - perhaps this is a poor placement choice, since I'll probably end up day dreaming a lot, instead of writing contracts.

Organizers: Thanks a million!!

Mike said thanks for everything and that he had a great time and said he enjoyed the FJR crowd more than the Connie crowd he also appreciated all the booing at the photo shoot haha

Made it home to S.E. PA by 7:30 last night. The last 80 miles on the PA Turnpike rattled my kidneys loose, took today off, took my SV650 out for gas and a short loop around the block, got nailed for speeding . . . . someone give me a good answer as to why I came home!

After checking the weather on Sunday we joined the mass exodus to try and stay ahead of the rain.

We left J.C. along EOM Rt 1 thru the head of the Snake then north to Damascus where we picked up 58 east all the way to Rt 16 north.

My tires were already borderline but Rt 16 finished them off........esp the rear........bald on the sides and cords in the center.

We spent the night in Beckley, WV. Monday (today) we got an early start and rode (very carefully) another 250 miles towards home and stopped outside of Pittsburgh for a new set of PR2's...................then it was another 3 hours to home from there.

Great seeing everyone and getting to meet some for the first time.

Andy & Therese

Paul II,

"Jay" is correct, thanks for the company on the way home. I'll look you up next time I get to London.

Jay

I'm Hoooooome!

Jwilly you and your crew pulled it off again! Thanks !!!!! Everyone take a bow.

Rob

Just pulled in my garage... Left at around 10 AM Monday morning. Arrived home at 1:15 AM Tuesday morning. 890 miles later... My ass is SORE.

Had a great time. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks Jwilly. Great job

special thanks to haulinashe, ngarider, extrememarine,and Charlie

Jeff and Dom thank you for two of the best days of hard riding I have ever had. Seriously. They just don't make roads like that up here. I had a blast chasing you guys. Thanks for letting me tag along. It meant a lot to me to ride with you guys. I won't forget it anytime soon.

Great time from start to finish.

Chris

After checking the weather on Sunday we joined the mass exodus to try and stay ahead of the rain.
We left J.C. along EOM Rt 1 thru the head of the Snake then north to Damascus where we picked up 58 east all the way to Rt 16 north.

My tires were already borderline but Rt 16 finished them off........esp the rear........bald on the sides and cords in the center.

We spent the night in Beckley, WV. Monday (today) we got an early start and rode (very carefully) another 250 miles towards home and stopped outside of Pittsburgh for a new set of PR2's...................then it was another 3 hours to home from there.

Great seeing everyone and getting to meet some for the first time.

Andy & Therese

Great to see you again Andy and to meet Therese. I humped it home on Sunday and I too came home with cords showing on the rear. Ordered a set of PR2's Monday afternoon. The FJR is parked until the new rubber arrives. Next year . . . .

Biff

As you know, I did the same. Rob was heading out and I was going to stay until Monday. Then I saw everybody bolting to get out before the rain hit. That clinched it.

Thank you and Therese for the offer to spend the night at your home once again. It was most appreciated!

Rob and I ended up spending the night in Weston WV after seeing about 35 deer in 5 miles. Damn things were standing on the shoulder of the interstate!

Rolled in around 5pm today. Rob and I hit rain right at the Pennsylvania/New York stateline (I mean within a mile!) and it got harder and nastier all the way up I190 to Niagara Falls. Then it cleared up for the slab ride up the QEW.

I bid Rob adieu and spent last night at my sisters place. She and her husband both ride and thought I was friggin insane for riding 12 hrs straight from West Virginia... pffft.. HD riders, they don't know what their missing. Finished the ride home today after a quick stop at my brothers near Barrie.

Wow, it all seems like a blur. Thanks to the organizers and the participants for making it such a blast to attend, and a special thanks to Rob who put up with my butt breaks every couple of hours and even shared his beer with me. A good friend for sho'!

After leaving the festivities on Sunday and spending the last couple of days ditty-bopping and visiting friends around Charlotte (did you know the track tour at Lowe's Motor Speedway is only $5 a head??), we slabbed it home today. 430 miles later, we got home around 5:00. Weather ranged from cool and damp to hot and sunny.

Had a message from Extrememarine that he and the missus were in town to visit relatives, so we headed off for a nice dinner with thoze guyz.

Glad to hear that everyone is finding their way back home safe and sound.

Gary, Annie, Art, Steve, Rob - nice riding with you guys. Looking forward to the next time!

Al (I believe that was your name - the fella fighting the cold we met at the laundromat on Saturday) - enjoy the rest of your ride!

Ride safe,

BG