Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a roomie, Allen_C for the HIE Thursday thru Sunday, but a (early arrival) none snorer is welcome to a free night at the nearby Super 8 Wednesday night.

Lets add a day of riding
grin.gif

Any roomshares still out there? My EOM plans have just gotten real iffy. But that leaves me enough days off to make Hooterville possible. A room split makes Hooterville likely
smile.png

I'm splitting with griff, but hope there's a few out there willing to split. Hope you can make both EOM and Hooterville.

-As a last resort if you can't find any splitters, bring yer sleeping bag and we'll find some floor space for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up an Arkansas tourism guide on the way back from NAFO. Harrison has an ad for MotorcycleArkansas.com in there. All but 2 routes are four hours or shorter, but the Lost Mine Run sounds interesting at 5 hours (239 miles with 840 curves).

Just so you know: Anyone over 21 is not required to wear a helmet in Arkansas.

They're talking chronological age, pal; not maturity.

Just as in Colorado, it means no one cares if you move your bike around in the parking lot with a bare head.

Since I'm 2 kids in college poor, I'm staying over at the Super8 Thursday to Sunday.

I WILL come drink with you guys, though!

256bukz.jpg

I'll try to get my girlfriend from the Dixie Cafe to come over, too!

10ydmpv.jpg

Over the objections of my wife.

a0xfy8.jpg

I'm splitting with griff, but hope there's a few out there willing to split. Hope you can make both EOM and Hooterville.
-As a last resort if you can't find any splitters, bring yer sleeping bag and we'll find some floor space for ya.
They might have a suite with a pull-out bed... three way split isn't bad.

Since I'm 2 kids in college poor, I'm staying over at the Super8 Thursday to Sunday.
I'll try to get my girlfriend from the Dixie Cafe to come over, too!
Get the waitress from Frank's Hickory House to come over and then we got a party...

In!

I'll be riding with and staying with a friend that has a cabin in Jasper.

He's a lifetime dirt bike rider that bought a new Triumph Bonneville when he retired last year. I think he has 50 street miles. He is really scared of cars and trucks.

Gonna help him try to relax and enjoy...

We will be very careful and meet you guys at your motel...
smile.png

In!I'll be riding with and staying with a friend that has a cabin in Jasper.

He's a lifetime dirt bike rider that bought a new Triumph Bonneville when he retired last year. I think he has 50 street miles. He is really scared of cars and trucks.

smile.png
Oh cripes, don't take him to 123 south of Mount Judea on his first full day back in the saddle. (Mount Judea still sounds like a suggestion to me, not a destination.)

In!I'll be riding with and staying with a friend that has a cabin in Jasper.

smile.png
Oh cripes, don't take him to 123 south of Mount Judea on his first full day back in the saddle. (Mount Judea still sounds like a suggestion to me, not a destination.)
If he dumps it, he can walk (or I'll drag him) home. His cabin is right there close..
smile.png

He's very cautious and an expert dirt rider. No worries...