Hot meal and an air compress'r...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistonFJR

Reaction score
Hey, since the wife and I won't be making the trip out to Colorado I thought I might open the invite to anyone passing thru Salt Lake city (to or from the event) for a hot meal or the use of some basic tools (I own a saws-all and a pair of pliers, works on everything). We can bandage up your blisters, or let you wash your bike or those socks and skivvies? We got indoor plumbing. Got a hot grill and a cold beer (usually Corona Extra), and just need a few hours notice. You can even set up a tent in the back yard as long as you aren't parading around in your birthday suit, peeing in the pond, or feeding my dog people-food. (That's my job) My grapes won't be ready for wine making until next year, but we have a few bottles chilled at all times.

Just in case you find yourself in our strange valley and need a safe place to sit and drink a beer without being smoted, smited, smitted, whatever the word is. The only caveat is we're a no smoking establishment... hope that doesn't muddy anyones' water.

Would love to meet n greet.

Chris

What a great offer. I don't know if I'll be passing through Salt Lake but it is very generous of you to open this offer to the forum.

Very nice of you to offer. I will be 2up trying a SS1K and passing through Salt Lake City. Don't know what time we will be there and it is one of our scheduled fuel stops.

Mike

Wow! What an incredibly generous offer! I hope everyone in this FJR community is as friendly and hospitable as you! I have not made the decision to go to NAFO yet, and I don't know if I'll be passing thru SLC if I do, but just seeing your offer certainly leans me towards going to meet more people from this community!

Thanx!

Yes, that's a great offer! I won't be going to SFO, but I do ride between Oregon and Colorado every once in a while. If it's okay, I'll make a note of this for another time.

What a great offer, I will most likely be south of your location, touring Monument Vally, but if I get up that way I will take you up on the offer.

You meet the nicest people on an FJR :)

Very nice offer..

I'll check the map; not yet sure what my route will be, or how much time..

But this, my friend, is a very nice and open offer. :rolleyes:

Thanks, if i happen to pass by (after), i'll be buying you beers for your generous offer !!!!

So far, after nafo , meeting some "blue knights" (coppers) around the dakotas.

After that , slight/small chance I'll head to california (opposite way home)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just payin' it forward, guys, just payin' it forward. One of you may see me someday, parked roadside for a breakdown, and we all earn karma points.

Besides, having unwashed bikers rumble thru my little neighborhood will scare and humble the neighbors...

C

BUMP

If you think your NAFO route and timing might find you needing to take a rest in the Salt Lake City valley, maybe wash the bike, use basic tools, stretch out on a lawn and snooze (no rooms, lotsa lawn... and a tent!), PM me and give me a heads up...

Chris

I may not need tools, but I'm probably riding through there on Sat. before NAFO. Leaving Sacramento at "oh-dark-thirty" to get across Nevada...lessee...8 1/2-10 hours to get to SLC??? I might be going farther before I stop....