How many do your own wrenching and then

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When things don't work out blame the bike, the dealer, your Mother. Some guys wrench on their own and don't have a clue so they pull things apart and then ,when reassembling them ,screw things up by not knowing the specs ,or just by not knowing how it came apart or just flat out damage the part by not knowing how to take the part off.

Be honest...I was at the dealer today listening to a guy try to tell the dealer that they screwed up in the Fall when the bike was serviced (oil change) and they scratched up the side of plastic ,but he hadn't noticed until now.He then stated that he noticed it(the scratch) when he went to put on a cruise control unit. He insisted the dealer pay for the damanged side panel. He raised hell and the dealer just said he'd give him the standard discount to replace it but not new for free. Guy says that if that's all they'll do, they have him over a barrel but he'll never buy from them again.

I call bullshit as I saw the part and if that had been done to my bike, I would have noticed it right away as it was really damaged. I think he did it when attempting to install the cruise control although, anything is possible. In the dealers defense, on one of my bikes they slightly chipped my gas tank, told me about it and replaced it.

Anyone else ever see this kind of BS? When the guy doesn't take responsiblity for his mistake and wants to blame someone else,I think you can almost smell it as the story always stinks.
[SIZE=12pt]Is this more betterer T-dub? :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to correct any spelling and punctuation cause I really don't care to offend anyone since its so close to friday and all if you know what I mean.
Uhm....while I didn't check it thoroughly...Friday is supposed to be capitalized. :D ;)
Forum rulz state that capitalization of Friday is optional when used on Tuesdays, but only for the purpose of a proper dog piling. :)
Oh Man I thought it was thrusday :dribble:

Dude, if you don't see the humor in that, please put me on ignore. Thanks. ;)
DDD (dun dit dat) Geeze, the SB milkman musta brought a jug of piss to your door this morning.

I think people who wrench on their stuff and fuck it all up and then blame the dealer or anyone that has touched the bike just to get a freebie or at least shift blame suck morphidite dick, same goes for those who never touch anything on their bike but have all sorts of advise, suggestions, or outright hard opinions and what and how to do things of the mechanical vein they are next in line for said dick suck. No one has ever touched 'ol Frank boy since day one 'cept for the TPS recall and they almost managed to mess that up, but overall was an ok experience, but not one which proved to me that anyone out there is any more qualified to work on my boy than I. I also dislike people who think communication skillz are best left at grammar school and that typing on the internet doesn't count as if people trying to read their stuff have some innate abilities on the pc that they don't have when reading grannies xmas letter with the walmart perfume smell and boozy flow and odd gaps that tell one that grannies next letter will probably be from Valium Meadows Home for the Soon To Be Departing, though this isn't meant as a slam on anyone in particular unless some n00b wants to get a hair up his keester, but like my ol' Uncle TDub likes to say don't post the fuckin' shit. Yeah.
What I wanted to say but couldn't make it concise and 2(?) sentences as you did. Nice read, thanks
-----------

I hate wrenching, but I do the vast majority of it myself. Why? because as bad as I am, ....if I take my time I'm better than the vast majority of 'professional' wrenchers. That is a sad thing, but I've had more damage or screwed up stuff because of sloppy dealer work than I have from my own mediocre work.

"If you do something stupid like writing a novel without any paragraphs your going to have some people bust you nuts over it. Big deal! Click the freakin edit button and fix it or just tell people to f' off. :rolleyes:
Beautiful!

See, this is why we need to create a "QOTW" (Quote of the Week) function. Outstanding, jwilly! B)

If y'all like our Cheesehead's adroit writing abilities, you should check out some of the scrawlings on a couple of the Busa forums! :lol: Holy freakin' crap, some of these guys must be tweaking on fresh meth to put out some of the verbiage that goes on there.

Try this beauty right here.... copied 100% in it's entirety, word for run-on word:

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]my brother just recently blow up his motor trying to race me we both no nothing about racing so it was pretty evenly marched he has a 330 rear tire about 12 out and some cams who knows what else

he blows it up all for 50 bucs he takes his bike to the same place wear he got the cams mind you this is a show bike about 30 grand in paint and chrome and trick partsshop who did the work is min from atco raceway not Ricky so we no who I'm talking about this guy i thought was strait up after we were told what the damage is we my brother and i figure we'll just put a new motor instead of fix the old one of cource the shop has motors their for sell well out of our range do to the work thats done to them so we decide to just put one we have in the bike we deliver this motor they put it in never test ride the bike or they would have known that the speedometer wasnt working an the bike was never mapped and the motor now backfires mind you the bike we had the new motor in was running just fine this guy never even took the chrome peices from the blown motor like the stator cover clutch cover etc all this for 1000 dollars

the guy seemed mad that we didnt want any motor work done so he stuck it in our ass i know he use to dealing with some of the fast mony philly guys that have the cash to throw around but because i dont have fast drug money should we be treated different that shits not kool

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I feel like I did line of crank just from trying to read this.... :lol:

I think people who wrench on their stuff and fuck it all up and then blame the dealer or anyone that has touched the bike just to get a freebie or at least shift blame suck morphidite dick, same goes for those who never touch anything on their bike but have all sorts of advise, suggestions, or outright hard opinions and what and how to do things of the mechanical vein they are next in line for said dick suck. No one has ever touched 'ol Frank boy since day one 'cept for the TPS recall and they almost managed to mess that up, but overall was an ok experience, but not one which proved to me that anyone out there is any more qualified to work on my boy than I. I also dislike people who think communication skillz are best left at grammar school and that typing on the internet doesn't count as if people trying to read their stuff have some innate abilities on the pc that they don't have when reading grannies xmas letter with the walmart perfume smell and boozy flow and odd gaps that tell one that grannies next letter will probably be from Valium Meadows Home for the Soon To Be Departing, though this isn't meant as a slam on anyone in particular unless some n00b wants to get a hair up his keester, but like my ol' Uncle TDub likes to say don't post the fuckin' shit. Yeah.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck......fuck......fuuuuuuuuck.... I am gasping for air..... tears streaming down face.... gonna pee my pants from laughter..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to correct any spelling and punctuation cause I really don't care to offend anyone since its so close to friday and all if you know what I mean.
Uhm....while I didn't check it thoroughly...Friday is supposed to be capitalized. :D ;)
Forum rulz state that capitalization of Friday is optional when used on Tuesdays, but only for the purpose of a proper dog piling. :)
Screw that. I'm deducting points.

A man has to know his limitations both mechanically and grammatically, therefore I would wouldn't expect my dealer to write my English composition term paper. :umnik:

here I am...sittin' at work reading this with one eye on the little rear view mirror I have stuck to my PC monitor in case someone comes along and catches me goofing off...just about splittin' a gut trying to keep from laughing out loud. I just know the guy in the next cube is wondering what all the strange snorting noises are coming from my cube.

Anyway...to keep to the original thread, (if there ever was one)...

I normally like to do all my own wrenchin' on my bikes. Can't see paying outragous prices for someone else to do it. I did let my local shop do an oil change when they did the TPS recall work for me. $65.00 !!!! Never again! But to be honest is was kinda nice lettin' someone else do it for a change. I've been getting kind of covered up with weekend car repairs at home lately. It's starting to be more like work and less like fun. :(

I remember MANY years ago, right after I got out of high school, I was working at a service station pumping gas. We also did car repairs. (Sheesh, that WAS a long time ago!!) A kid with an MG Midget had brought his car in for new tires. Later he came back blaming us for messing up the differential in the car by tightning the wheel spinners while the car was still up on jacks. (wire wheels with just the one big nut in the center to hold them on)

Since I drove an old MGB the manager asked me if that was possible. I dug out the shop manual for my car and showed him where it said to tighten the nut while up on the jack. The kid got his new dif but had to pay for it himself. :yahoo:

(now to check the "preview post" button and make sure this looks ok)

(made a few edits.....*now* hit the "add reply" button)

Ray

A man has to know his limitations both mechanically and grammatically, therefore I would wouldn't expect my dealer to write my English composition term paper. :umnik:
No, but I would expect him to be able to express himself in writing. As the Testing Coordinator for a college, I have seen firsthand the correlation between writing ability and reading comprehension. If he can't express a clear and concise thought on paper, there's a good chance he doesn't comprehend the service manual he is using to fix your bike.

As the Testing Coordinator for a college,
Of all the disturbing things you've said on this board, that one takes the cake.

I have seen firsthand the correlation between writing ability and reading comprehension. If he can't express a clear and concise thought on paper, there's a good chance he doesn't comprehend the service manual he is using to fix your bike.
Yep, that's why they include pictures.

here I am...sittin' at work reading this with one eye on the little rear view mirror I have stuck to my PC monitor in case someone comes along and catches me goofing off...just about splittin' a gut trying to keep from laughing out loud. I just know the guy in the next cube is wondering what all the strange snorting noises are coming from my cube.
Anyway...to keep to the original thread, (if there ever was one)...

I normally like to do all my own wrenchin' on my bikes. Can't see paying outragous prices for someone else to do it. I did let my local shop do an oil change when they did the TPS recall work for me. $65.00 !!!! Never again! But to be honest is was kinda nice lettin' someone else do it for a change. I've been getting kind of covered up with weekend car repairs at home lately. It's starting to be more like work and less like fun. :(

I remember MANY years ago, right after I got out of high school, I was working at a service station pumping gas. We also did car repairs. (Sheesh, that WAS a long time ago!!) A kid with an MG Midget had brought his car in for new tires. Later he came back blaming us for messing up the differential in the car by tightning the wheel spinners while the car was still up on jacks. (wire wheels with just the one big nut in the center to hold them on)

Since I drove an old MGB the manager asked me if that was possible. I dug out the shop manual for my car and showed him where it said to tighten the nut while up on the jack. The kid got his new dif but had to pay for it himself. :yahoo:

(now to check the "preview post" button and make sure this looks ok)

(made a few edits.....*now* hit the "add reply" button)

Ray
And by time you do all that checking who is looking over your shoulder waving their finger back and forth !!!! :unsure:

No, but I would expect him to be able to express himself in writing. As the Testing Coordinator for a college, I have seen firsthand the correlation between writing ability and reading comprehension. If he can't express a clear and concise thought on paper, there's a good chance he doesn't comprehend the service manual he is using to fix your bike.

You test coordinating papers for the college? Whut? I don't know what that has to do with fixing your Schwinn. :dntknw:

:grin:

As the Testing Coordinator for a college,
Of all the disturbing things you've said on this board, that one takes the cake.
Yeah, that is disturbing when you see it in print.

You test coordinating papers for the college?
Sheesh. Testing Coordinator ie: I coordinate the tests. Can you imagine the chaos and disasterous consequences of a test that clashed with your outfit? Oh, the inhumanity.

Try this beauty right here.... copied 100% in it's entirety, word for run-on word:

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]my brother just recently blow up his motor trying to race me we both no nothing about racing so it was pretty evenly marched he has a 330 rear tire about 12 out and some cams who knows what else

he blows it up all for 50 bucs he takes his bike to the same place wear he got the cams mind you this is a show bike about 30 grand in paint and chrome and trick partsshop who did the work is min from atco raceway not Ricky so we no who I'm talking about this guy i thought was strait up after we were told what the damage is we my brother and i figure we'll just put a new motor instead of fix the old one of cource the shop has motors their for sell well out of our range do to the work thats done to them so we decide to just put one we have in the bike we deliver this motor they put it in never test ride the bike or they would have known that the speedometer wasnt working an the bike was never mapped and the motor now backfires mind you the bike we had the new motor in was running just fine this guy never even took the chrome peices from the blown motor like the stator cover clutch cover etc all this for 1000 dollars

the guy seemed mad that we didnt want any motor work done so he stuck it in our ass i know he use to dealing with some of the fast mony philly guys that have the cash to throw around but because i dont have fast drug money should we be treated different that shits not kool

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I feel like I did line of crank just from trying to read this.... :lol:
Nope. I couldn't make it all the way through. Try typing it backwards and upside down. That might make it easier... :blink:

Paragraphs are your friends.

In English class yes but on the Internet I could care less. If it bothers you revise and submit.
Fine. I submit this:

If you can't get your point across because it's too fucking hard to read, then don't post the fucking shit.

Love,

TWN
I was just speculating the other day why members don't want to post on a thread or start a new one. That was not hard to read.

Your attitude is a perfect example of why they might not want to. Not everyone does things as you do. We are all different.

Can't we all just get along without the attitudes?
See!!! Paragraphs!!! :yahoo: Albiet a little short, but paragraphs. What a difference!!!!!!!! :yahoo:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! You spelled "albeit" wrong!!! You HEATHEN!!! How dare you post here!!!! You are going to Hell for sure. The Demon Post Police will jump your shi....for sure now. I'll sit back and enjoy.
Oh hell! The shame of it all. Do I at least get partial credit for knowing the word??

Paragraphs are your friends.

In English class yes but on the Internet I could care less. If it bothers you revise and submit.
Fine. I submit this:

If you can't get your point across because it's too fucking hard to read, then don't post the fucking shit.

Love,

TWN
I was just speculating the other day why members don't want to post on a thread or start a new one. That was not hard to read.

Your attitude is a perfect example of why they might not want to. Not everyone does things as you do. We are all different.

Can't we all just get along without the attitudes?
See!!! Paragraphs!!! :yahoo: Albiet a little short, but paragraphs. What a difference!!!!!!!! :yahoo:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! You spelled "albeit" wrong!!! You HEATHEN!!! How dare you post here!!!! You are going to Hell for sure. The Demon Post Police will jump your shi....for sure now. I'll sit back and enjoy.
Oh hell! The shame of it all. Do I at least get partial credit for knowing the word??
No. In fact, in addition to having your tires slashed, you lose additional points for making it look like a French word. A copy of your permanent record is being forwarded to Homeland Security.

Screw that. I'm deducting points.
I think it is terrible to deduct points for falty spellin and punctation. additinally, I protest that it is going on my permanent rekord. If that is the case, what must we do to bring our average back up, that is, atone for our sins? What kind of pennance? It is only fair that we be afforded the opportunity to gain back the ground we lost.

I think it is terrible to deduct points for falty spellin and punctation. additinally, I protest that it is going on my permanent rekord. If that is the case, what must we do to bring our average back up, that is, atone for our sins? What kind of pennance? It is only fair that we be afforded the opportunity to gain back the ground we lost.

Where's Norm Crosby when you need him?

I din't noe we is contesting. We's colecting pints fer spellin en punciation? I goggled "perminent rekord"..know luk, noe nuthin. So I isn't skeerd till I heer zackly whose keepin scour. Then two, I needa noe how we is gradient too see iffin its by curbs er by persenteges afore Ime inta enny kompyootishun.