How many FJR pilots are aircraft pilots??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Cessna 182 wtih a RSTOL and a 250 Comanche.

OK now, how many FJR pilots are USAC licensed pilots? Now or Long, Long ago!

CK

Last edited by a moderator:
Instrumented Rated Private Pilot about 900 hours flying since 1975. Don't fly much anymore - too expensive for me.

I have owned Cessna 175 and a Cessna 182 - have flown many rented Piper's.

Not licensed, can't be. But have gone up and talked the PIC outta the controls at every opportunity. As a result have some stick time in a J-3 and a Stearman, including inverted training in the Stear. But don't tell anyone... ;) Am willing to give right arm anytime someone offers a ride. Been a looooong time now. Anytime. Will buy fuel. Just doesn't happen tho......... :cry:
:dribble: :unsure: vaguely similar situation, never have tried to talk PIC out of controls, but have had them dumped on my lap on Blanek sailplane, Piper Cub J3, Cessna 140, 150, 172, T-34, SNJ-6, B-727, and MD-80.

ATP, CFII; Just under 7,000 hrs TT. I have flown most of the Cessna Single and Multi Engine line. King Air; Beech 99; Baron, Twin Bonanza and several of the single engine Bonanzas; 690A Turbo Commander and type rated in the NA 265 (Rockwell Sabreliner). Spent all of my 20's and early 30's as either a flight instructor, charter pilot, commuter airline pilot and later phases of my aviation career as a corporate pilot. Got out of it in the 80's as I was gone all the time and wanted to see my kids grow up and participate in their lives. I miss it to some degree, but don't regret it. Recently started flying again for my personal travel. I've been involved with my own real estate brokerage and appraisal company for the last 25 years. (Boy! I'm I getting old!)

I'm not surprised to see so many pilots enjoying the FJR. The FJR for me fulfils some of the same needs that flying does.

Don ;)

It is no surprise but pleasing to see that so many riders here are pilots. The are many similarities. Both are great experiences.

image001.jpg

:rolleyes:

About 19,000 hours F4, A4, F8, Falcon, 727 and DC-10.

Just flying low now on the back roads of AR but getting the bug to do a little recreational flying again.

Al

Just curious how many FJR owners out there are also aircraft pilots? I own and fly a Piper Cherokee Arrow...also have flown helicopters and sailplanes.
Thanks

AJ
I've got a little over 400 hours in Cessna 152, 172, 182, and a little Tiger time. I loved the Tiger... It felt like a fighter compared to CessnaSpamCans.

Hav'nt been PIC since 1994. The hundred-dollar-hamburger routine got tiresome, and after I fulfilled my lifetime desire to fly back to NY and BUZZ THE S%^& outta my old friends I grew less motivated. Since 9/11 GA seems to be even less attractive.

What I need is a plane I can fit the FJR into!!!! An AeroStar (sp?) Maybe????

MJD

For the pilots and non pilots, check out FlightAware.com. You can track any flight that is on an instrument flight plan. Just checked my flight to the hot air balloon festival in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. On the way back it even shows where we cancelled IFR to land at an airport to the south of our return path to look at a used plane. Flightaware incorrectly lists my Maule (N7UE) as an MXT-7 180 tricycle gear instead of an M-7-235 taildragger.

too_many_hobbies

What makes you think us mechanics care where you're at? lol As long as you don't come to us with broke shit. You are welcome at our airport. Just ease up on the whining, eh?

What makes you think us mechanics care where you're at? lol As long as you don't come to us with broke shit. You are welcome at our airport. Just ease up on the whining, eh?
:unsure: ODOT, just think, if the pilots never brought anything in to you that was broken and needed to be fixed, you wouldn't have anything to do? What use would you have for your A & P licenses? I agree on the whining.

Instrument rated Private Pilot. Fly a Cessna 182.

It is no surprise but pleasing to see that so many riders here are pilots. The are many similarities. Both are great experiences
I agree. I find snow skiing to be more similar to riding a M/C than flying. I guess adrenaline plays a part in all three. :yahoo:

So there are quite a few pilots. some nice rides too.

took up hang gliding about 5 years ago. anyone else ??

Instrument rated Private Pilot. Fly a Cessna 182.

It is no surprise but pleasing to see that so many riders here are pilots. The are many similarities. Both are great experiences
I agree. I find snow skiing to be more similar to riding a M/C than flying. I guess adrenaline plays a part in all three. :yahoo:
:rolleyes: +1 as I ski raced for ten years and have been involved in aviation for last 28 years?

:unsure: ODOT, just think, if the pilots never brought anything in to you that was broken and needed to be fixed, you wouldn't have anything to do? What use would you have for your A & P licenses? I agree on the whining.
Ok...I must have been drunk there. Right you are....if women and children can do what we do then we wouldn't have a job. :huh:

I flew A-6 Intruders off aircraft carriers (and even flew them back on...) a number of years ago. Twisting my right wrist - when attached to the throttle of an FJR gives me some of that same adrenaline rush as a carrier landing!

:yahoo: