How many FJR pilots are aircraft pilots??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usta coudn't spell pilut, now I are one.
Challenger 601-3R

Dayummm..

5139%20ext%20225.jpg

This is me on my 1300' grass strip behind my house...

2442k3l.jpg

Just had it repainted. The yahoos did not leave enough room for the N-Numbers when they painted the stripes. I just went through the process with the FAA to change to a shorter N-Number (N7UE). I pick the plane up today and fly it to the FSDO to get a new airworthiness certificate.

I owned a Piper Archer II before the Maule. I am now considering buying a hot air balloon.

too_many_hobbies

Just to make my previous post more related to motorcycles, I thought I would mention that I had my plane painted FJR Blue. I hope that adds 10 knots to the cruise...

2442sgl.jpg

Private Pilot here. Just rent. Mostly 172's. Damn I would love to have that Maule in my backyard!

PP, SEL, IFR. Sold my '76 Grumman Tiger after my '69 Citabria (150hp, fp) got torched and totalled. Took the money from both, bought a '93 Super Decathlon and two Harleys. Sold the Harleys, now have 2 FJR's. Time to downsize again. Oh, and I'm building a Team Rocket F1. Hopefully, I'll fly it to OSH next year.

Grew up flying with Dad in a V35B, and a Baron (Be55?). Slightly remember flying in a Musketeer. What a pig. Worse than a Tomahawk. I think I have 1 hour in a 172, and about 5 in a 170a.

Flew an R22 for about 15 minutes a couple years ago. First time in a heli. That was a blast.

Buddy of mine (CFII, Chitaqua captain) just bought a 2 seat Pitts. Time to finish my checkout in that! WooHOO!

Just rode my FJR to a higher altitude than I have ever PIC'd a plane. Was IFR on THAT ride for a while too! I trust my wings a whole lot more than the slippery crappy roads going up Mt. Evans, especially when you can't see the edge, or the mountain goats jumping out in front of you...

Private w/Inst.... mostly C-172, some time in C-404, Lear-28, JS31, C-Caravan, and B727(best of all, but not official)

Earned VFR powered license and flew a rental Cessna 152 out of Beverly, MA. Sail planes are awesome! Flew a Schleicher ASW 22B out of a grass airport in Salem, NH. Earned a Hang III rating with a Wills Wing U2 hang glider. After a couple of significant orthopedic catastrophes :eek: I’m now a groundhog, all flying is done on two wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking Maule, too many hobbies. What's the engine behind that 3-bladed prop?
My Maule has a Lycoming IO-540-W1A5D, 235 HP. The following is a link to a video showing me taking off in 140' at a local airport. Maule STOL I could climb over a 500' obstacle at the end of my 1300' grass strip. The cruise speed is 130 knots, 150 mph. It has a -7 degree flap setting that adds about 3 knots to the cruise. The M-7-235 is a 5 place airplane.

Commercial multi engine land rated haven't flown for years after 1000 hours in all sorts of planes.

These days prefer a tipple in the cheep seats of assorted commercial carriers!

If this counts, then I do; if it doesn't, then I guess I don't. Probably I don't. :clapping: to those that really do.

futk40-main.jpg

Falcon 2000EX and Gulfstream IIB. Currently in school getting typed in a GIV. Sold a share in a DG-101 sailplane to buy my first motorcycle (BMW R1150R).