How much $$$ for complete repaint of FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Just wondering about how much $$$ the experience of getting a FJR repainted represents (typically). I know it varies by area, blah blah blah. Just looking for some budget numbers in case I decide to bite the big one for an 07.

Be sure to check my profile in case you wonder what color I intend to paint it!

:D

For a custom paint job for the entire bike, with a simple color scheme... maybe a grand. For something more complex (see what I've got planned), you're probably looking at least 2 to 3 times that (for a good job).

Jeff, you're killin' me!

Now, there's a solution for ya'! I'd be willing to trade, also. I think that the Black Cherry is hot & sure there will be others that feel the same. Wish I were in the market for a new bike... 'cause very possibly the '07 would be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering about how much $$$ the experience of getting a FJR repainted represents (typically). I know it varies by area, blah blah blah. Just looking for some budget numbers in case I decide to bite the big one for an 07.Be sure to check my profile in case you wonder what color I intend to paint it!

:D
Gee Jeff, I'll swap bikes with you and that way you can have one of the Silver Fast Ones.....what do you think?

Grumpy Jim

My '03 was stolen, recovered, totalled, bought back and restored, almost all work being cosmetic, but $320 or so in parts. It ran right around $2,000 for paint work: thoroughly cleaning all parts, roughing up the original paint, shooting a coat of metallic silver, then five coats of "corvette" red tint, then three coats of clear. I think there were 17 individual plastic pieces that had to be worked. I've since had the wheels powder coated - after both were bent, then straigtened - to match the "gun-metal" (?) engine cases.

My '03 was stolen, recovered, totalled, bought back and restored, almost all work being cosmetic, but $320 or so in parts. It ran right around $2,000 for paint work: thoroughly cleaning all parts, roughing up the original paint, shooting a coat of metallic silver, then five coats of "corvette" red tint, then three coats of clear. I think there were 17 individual plastic pieces that had to be worked. I've since had the wheels powder coated - after both were bent, then straigtened - to match the "gun-metal" (?) engine cases.

Need Pics!

Josh

Need Pics!

Josh
+1

asked for a quote to paint mine a different color. Got a $1,200 quote for a metallic type paint w/ clearcoat and Guardian protector

Just buy a new '06! I know where there are several of them still on the showrooms floors. Good time of year to wheel and deal on them.

Need Pics!

Josh
+1
+ 2

Need Pics!

Josh
+1
+ 2
Couldn't resist!

+3

I'll trade you my blue parts for your red.
That would be pretty neat. If you also traded tanks, you'd both have new bikes without any painting. I'm about 99.9% sure this won't work with anything older than an 06 because of the heat fix and the "fins".

Neat-o! :lol:

Just buy a new '06! I know where there are several of them still on the showrooms floors. Good time of year to wheel and deal on them.

Please advise locations, know of any around Salt Lake City?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll do it for twenty bucks....you bring the the spray paint cans, though.

Jeff, you're killin' me!
Now, there's a solution for ya'! I'd be willing to trade, also. I think that the Black Cherry is hot & sure there will be others that feel the same. Wish I were in the market for a new bike... 'cause very possibly the '07 would be it.
See! Proof positive that it's a girl's color...

j/k...running away now before Heidi beats me up.... :)

Actually, I like it better than the Galaxy Blue. 'course I am gonna have my '04 for quite awhile. The way they keep adding weight to these bikes, FJRs will weigh 800 lbs by the time I'm in the market for one... :glare: STOP IT YAMAHA. How 'bout something in the 500lb range...