I love this inexpensive Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a Go Cruise Throttle lock the other day for my 08 FJR. I have a throttle meister that was on the bike when I bought it but it has started slipping.

After using the two I like the Go Cruise much better, it is $100 cheaper and if I was given the option to choose the one I wanted for free I would still go with the Go Cruise.

Check it out here:

https://www.ridergroups.com/gear-reviews/motorcycle-throttle-locks/

It is one of those simple designs that makes you wonder why you didn't think of it.
I just bought one of these also. I have used a vista cruise throttle lock for years on all my bikes and they work ok. But I love the simple design of the go cruise and how easy on and off it is. It works just as good as the Vista's did. I really don't need a real cruise control just like to free up my right hand sometimes.

I use the Go Cruise and really like it. Good company and they stand behind their product. Two thumbs up !!

Good day all!!

Was going to order the go cruise for my 04 fjr with grip puppies,what one direction I order? The 1" or 7/8?

Cheers!
Get the 7/8 inch size for the FJR...

Even if you have grip puppies on?

I guess you would have to slide the grip puppy aside to slid this onto the stock grip surface. I had cramp buster, it didn't like working with the grip puppies at all.

I have no issues using the clutch, twisting the throttle closed for 0.25 seconds and thus disengaging the Go Cruise. Its so darn easy to install and to make minor changes in speed. I really only use it to give my right hand a periodic 15 second break.

I have grip puppies on my FJR and use the Go Cruise, I just cut the inside of the grip puppy about a 1/2 inch to make room for the Go Cruise, works perfect.

https://www.ridergroups.com/gear-reviews/motorcycle-throttle-locks/

Good day all!!

Was going to order the go cruise for my 04 fjr with grip puppies,what one direction I order? The 1" or 7/8?

Cheers!
Get the 7/8 inch size for the FJR...

Even if you have grip puppies on?

I guess you would have to slide the grip puppy aside to slid this onto the stock grip surface. I had cramp buster, it didn't like working with the grip puppies at all.

Never had a problem with the Throttlemeister. I can go for miles without readjusting it, or short distances with both hands off the bars if necessary (shit happens). I can engage the TM with the heel of my hand without removing my hands from the bars. Dial it in, and go. It helps to read the directions and understand how it works. It's a very nice and well machined piece of equipment with the side benefit of reducing bar vibrations.
+1. I have never had a problem engaging or disengaging my Throttlemeister while holding onto both grips. I had a vista cruise first and it was very simple to engage/disengage but would never hold my speed steady. Return spring unwind would have prpbably solved this The Throttlemeister holds my speed steady except for hills of course. To enage I use the heel of my hand to roll Throttlemeister to where I feel the drag. Set my speed and roll it the last little bit to fully engage. To disengage I just roll the throttle off with the palm of my hand over the Throttlemeister. Can roll right back on to maintain speed if necessary without covering Throttlemeister.

I also like the Throttlemeister sice I have the heavy version and vibes are reduced.

Glad the Go Cruise seems so steady and is really priced well. I was concerned about longevity and engaging/disengaging with one hand. Seems some have worked this out. Wonder if those with the best experience have unwound the return spring or running stock. Does it make any difference with the ability of the Go Cruise to hold steady?

Last edited by a moderator: