I'm Back...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E1Allen

Youngster
Reaction score
We finally made it to D.C. Only took three months from the time we left NC to wind up in our house, but we did. Been too busy having a baby, Kylee Allen, born 25 Jan 08, and moving. Spent all that time in MI so no point in riding the FJR through the snow. Still in technical training school for the USAF Honor Guard till the second week in May, after that I should be good to go. Looking for some D.C. area riders to help me get to know the area with. I'm stationed and living on Bolling AFB, right on the Potomac. Good to be back!

Eric

Welcome back Man!! I was thinking about you the other day, sorry I didn't shoot ya a message.

Glad your doing well.

JW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, cool, E1Allen is back! Congrats on the move, the child, the career, geesh, you're busy. You should send your FJR to my house so I can keep the oil fresh. For you, I'd do that... :rolleyes:

Welcome back. And congrats on having a little one born on my birthday. Hey, are we related now or sumthin? Can I expect gifts from you every year?

Hey, my boy's gonna be at Ft. Myer in May, just a bit upstream and across the river. When we go up to visit (whenever that might be) I'll PM ya and see if I can meet up with a forum buddy!

He just graduated ROTC at UTEP in El Paso this past December, got his commission, and is doing a school right now in San Antonio, having just finished another one at Ft. Benning last month.

Since before his Iraq tour in 2004 he and his wife (and now 2 kids!) have lived in El Paso, so Arlington is just up the road compared to that trip, about 500 miles closer. Hell, just the Texas part of the trip from here to El Paso is almost as long as from here to Arlington!

'Bout frickin' time, kid. It's tough holdin' this joint together with only one or two wise-asses, especially since radman went on sabbatical.

Good to hear you are finally settling down!

:)

Be careful up there in DC. If you get a chance to head west, I'll meet you near WV. DC is on the far side of the forbidden zone.

Welcome back and congrats on the new addition to the family! Lots of good riding not far from where your stationed. I hope the neighborhood (Anacostia) has improved since I was stationed there. Back in the late 80's you were warned not to walk outside the base at night.

Welcome back and big congrats on the family!

There's a group of us on both sides of the river, so keep a watch and there'll probably be some more rides.

Bob

ps- Photo is from last Sunday at Riddlesburg, PA, coke ovens. We had an 03, 04, 06, and two 07s.

Cokeovenssmall.jpg

Good to hear you are finally settling down! :)

Be careful up there in DC. If you get a chance to head west, I'll meet you near WV. DC is on the far side of the forbidden zone.
Almost the same here. I live in VA so, I have no forbidden zone. I'd meet you near I-64 near the Blue Ridge Pkwy. There is some good ridin' out west of you, Heidi

PS... congrats on the new critter.

MAN, I just wrote a freaking novel of a reply for all these posts and it didn't even go through! Anyways, I'm glad to be back. We finally got the last piece of our bed from the move so we don't have to sleep on the mattress on the floor tonight. Thanks for the congrats. Baby number two has been a fun one. Anacostia is still a horrible place to go, unless the FJR needs oil and the closest auto store happens to be there (then it's perfectly safe). Bolling AFB is pretty neat though, have a great view of the monument from the bedroom. Heidi, we will have to go ride sometime, I wanted to hit up the BRP soon. As for NAFO, I would love to go with my wife especially and dump the kids at Grandmas, so we will have to see what she says. I don't spend any money on gas when you can walk less than a quarter mile to the Commisary and it's only 1 mile to get to work. Jeff I should be down in NC one of these weekends, Danielle still has some friends there she wants to visit which is an opportune time for me to go ride. Thanks again.

Eric

Latest posts