January 12th, 82 degrees F

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez...doesn't anyone work any more?
So, what roads are you now enlightened on? Us other Central Coasters want to know...........no keeping secrets.
I do! Rolling 9-80 schedule, every other Monday off. Unless of the governator mandates furhloughs.

Don you bastard why didn't you call me i would have rode up and met you for lunch.
R
Sorry R, it was a last minute decision. Like do I chop wood or go on a ride on such a nice day? Called Barry, he met me 45 minutes later than we were off!

Don, you bastage !!!!!
And of course, I sent my banana suit back to Aerostitch for refurb last week....
Hey, think of how many bananna's they have to kill to make each and every suit!

Hey Carver! Next time ya go for a ride and you stop and eat??

I hope somebody shits on yer bikes seat.

:blum:

:jester:
They did, a big ol SeaGull named BustaGut! :fuck:

...Ride to Jalama Beach and get a chili cheese burger, of course!
For all you frozen cold bastids looking at nothing but ugly ass snow, black ice and... what not? :fuck:

Oh, wait, that ain't nice, is it... Ok, :unsure: soo-Sorry...

I hope you enjoyed the ride-along...
Okay, snapshot outside right now from Environment Canada

windchill.jpg

Notice the arrow pointing to the windchill? Converted into Fahrenheit, thats -36.5F, that means their a difference in temperature of 118 degrees. Think about that for a minute. One Hundred and Eighteen degrees. So seriously, my first response would be to call you a dick :rolleyes: , but really, I hope you enjoyed it and maybe if you ride tomorrow and its just as nice, think about us poor bastiges up north who CANNOT ride (hell, driving a car starts getting difficult at those temps.. square tires, salt doesn't work, can't see because your side window are perpetually frosted up, use lots of gas) and it will still be a at least 3 months before we can even begin to think about it.. this on the 2.5 months we've already suffered through.

So smile for us, check out some women in shorts and have a wobbly pop for us.

Bungie: I really do not understand how you Northerners and Canadians can do it, handling that COLD the way that you do!!

Those numbers are incomprehensible to this Arizona desert rat. Leaving for work in an hour at 48 degrees on my 2003 FJR!

How the hell do you have 62% humidity at that temp? I didn't think air that cold would hold anywhere close to that much moisture.

Not to rub it in, but I used the bike for some errands today. Was 88 deg F in Burbank Ca today.

Okay, snapshot outside right now from Environment Canada

windchill.jpg

Notice the arrow pointing to the windchill? Converted into Fahrenheit, thats -36.5F, that means their a difference in temperature of 118 degrees. Think about that for a minute. One Hundred and Eighteen degrees. So seriously, my first response would be to call you a dick :rolleyes: , but really, I hope you enjoyed it and maybe if you ride tomorrow and its just as nice, think about us poor bastiges up north who CANNOT ride (hell, driving a car starts getting difficult at those temps.. square tires, salt doesn't work, can't see because your side window are perpetually frosted up, use lots of gas) and it will still be a at least 3 months before we can even begin to think about it.. this on the 2.5 months we've already suffered through.

So smile for us, check out some women in shorts and have a wobbly pop for us.

Bungie: I really do not understand how you Northerners and Canadians can do it, handling that COLD the way that you do!!
Those numbers are incomprehensible to this Arizona desert rat. Leaving for work in an hour at 48 degrees on my 2003 FJR!
Its funny (well, not really, how about curious), I can manage the cold, not that I have any choice in the matter though, survival dictates it. By the same token, you manage 100+F temps, its the same thing, just the other extreme. But a lot goes to what your use to, believe me, I don't do well with temps over 85F + humidex.

All that said, the low temperature (not windchill!) tonight is -34. We always get a god awful cold snap like this mid Jan to mid Feb. But once it breaks, temps steadily rise until we can't take it anymore and the bikes come out. Every spring its like learning to ride, and love it, all over again. Maybe some day I'll get out that way - never seen a desert before!

Great Day Don!!......

Yum.... chili burger....... I would still be burping tonight.... :dribble: yep... life

in Cali is pretty ruff........ :yahoo:

B.

Well, I guess I'll just have to ride that direction tomorrow. This Valley fog blows, COLD!

See you then!
wink.gif

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...t=0&start=0 Bungie, if you want to get out of that white shit for awhile; jump an Air Canada jet at the Sudbury Airport and fly down to PHX - Sky Harbor Airport here in Phoenix, AZ.

If you can arrive on Thursday and fly home on Monday, I'll let you ride "Miss Lucy Liu," my 2003 FJR up to Death Valley, CA with Wolfhound and I. Every year FJRobert and I lead two Phoenix motorcycle clubs up to Pahrump, NV to participate in Death Valley Daze: Arizona FJR Forum and AZ Beemers. After we get to Death Valley's Furnace Creek at 9AM on Saturday for breakfast: Wolfhound will be leading the road bike riders on a 400 mile tour of Death Valley and I will be leading a dual sport dirt bike ride of around 250 miles aboard my 2009 BMW F650GS Twin. Since Lucy is going to be just sitting in the garage that weekend, you might as well be riding her. The only down side is that you will have to room with SkooterG!!!!!