January 12th, 82 degrees F

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
...Ride to Jalama Beach and get a chili cheese burger, of course!

Stopped by the salt mine to pick up a digi camera for the epic ride..

Wabs-JalamaBeach001.jpg

Stopped by San Luis Motorsports in San Luis Obispo, CA, to pick up a new oil filter for WABS. Rumor has it this dealership too is in deep doo-doo...

Wabs-JalamaBeach002.jpg

Ain't WABS pretty? What a gurl..

Wabs-JalamaBeach003.jpg

Met up with retired and 'always ready to ride' Barry (Airhead124?) from here and he showed me some roads I've never seen before, and I thought I knew them all. OH, by the way, it was 80+ degrees F, riding in mesh gear and still too hot.. Sorry, all you frozen bastids, move to Kali-Land and ride with the Candy Butt Association wimps..

My Jalama cheese chili with cheese burger.. Ummm. I'm still burping, 4 hours later.

Wabs-JalamaBeach004.jpg

Barry's lunch... Yummie.. Screw all the HotDogs that KaitsDad always talk about... :rolleyes:

Wabs-JalamaBeach005.jpg

Barry sez, urrp, now THAT was a good burger!

Wabs-JalamaBeach006.jpg

Leaving Jalama Beach..

Wabs-JalamaBeach008.jpg

Typical (yawn... ho-hum shot)

Wabs-JalamaBeach011.jpg

Sorry boyz, have to rub it it. We live with earthquakes, fire, flooding and weird Kali folks.. but then again..

Wabs-JalamaBeach009.jpg

On the other hand, and this pix doesn't show it so, good, but here is where me n' WABS took our first soil sample...

Wabs-JalamaBeach013.jpg

Thanks to Barry for a) being available to ride on SHORT notice and B) showing me some GREAT back roads.. :rolleyes: :yahoo:

For all you frozen cold bastids looking at nothing but ugly ass snow, black ice and... what not? :fuck:

Oh, wait, that ain't nice, is it... Ok, :unsure: soo-Sorry...

I hope you enjoyed the ride-along...

dcarver

Don,

You're killing me! WABS looks like a very nice setup. Thanks for sharing? I was out today but it was not under those wonderful conditions you had.......patience.

Glad you had a great time and taking us poor saps along.

love so cal.rode over 100 miles today with no jacket.was 84.hey illinois peeps,hows that freakin blizzard....lol

Not much to say...other then FREAKING jealous. Rode to work today. Heater on FULL and was just happy to be able to ride to work. :) Then I see your ride reports and wonder if it's possible to sneak down on a 3 day weekend just to ride. However, I'd have to stress about making it back without hitting snow, ice or just a shit load of rain. :)

Nice reports...

It was 75 up here in N. Ca today.

Rode through Chrome Ca. yesterday. Find that one on your maps/gps.

Only those who have rode through it know what a fine ride it was.

dcarver: Thanks for the great ride report on Jalama Beach and showing me the beautiful Pacific Ocean again. I surfed "The Ranch" for many, many years. It was a freezing 70 degrees here in Phoenix, ship that 82F degree weather over to Arizona!!

Not so bad here in Illinois, got half your 82 = 8. let the dog out to pee this morning.............had to go chip him out. :dribble:

Not so bad here in Illinois, got half your 82 = 8. let the dog out to pee this morning.............had to go chip him out. :dribble:
Hey Airboss, yeah, don't know if my dog was even out long enough to pee this morning. He came back in so fast, I think he just said screw it, now give me my scooby snack! And to think we have 2 more months of this.......... :dribble:

Thanks for sharing your HOT little adventure dc. That Chili Cheese Burger looked quite yummie! We'll go back to our California dreamin' now................

love so cal.rode over 100 miles today with no jacket.was 84.hey illinois peeps,hows that freakin blizzard....lol
Wow, he ain't afraid of the Gear Nazi's, now is he?

Jalama is great, up the 1 to that little curvy road...watch out for tarantula crossings! I have surfed and camped there many times...not taken the feej there just yet. So no wind at all eh? Water looks real nice and glassy. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Carver! Next time ya go for a ride and you stop and eat??

I hope somebody shits on yer bikes seat.

:blum:

:jester:

Latest posts