JB's New Bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After much (okay, some) on-line searching, and with a final kick in the keister from Fairlaner ("Just f**king buy it!), I bought a replacement 2005 FJR from a guy in Phoenix. :yahoo: It has just under 20K miles, and is an ABS. I paid $6K. Not too many farkles.

I will be flying to Phoenix on Friday, July 1, to pick it up and ride it home Saturday, with a night in L.A. if my candy-butt requires it, though I'd like to get home to the Bay Area so I can start transferring stuff from my current bike. It's about a 740-mile ride down 10 and up 5 (and no, Jerry, I don't want to go an extra 300 to get my IBA certificate :glare: ).

Skooter recommended a nicer ride through Death Valley and up the back of the Sierra, but to be honest, I just want to get it home and have a couple days of the holiday weekend to start setting it up.

Here's a big THANK YOU to all the forum members who supported my search with advice or eyes and ears. And a special thanks to SkooterG who went and looked at this bike for me and wrote up a very detailed report, and also to Neil San Diego for going to look at an '04 down his way and writing up a similar report. :clapping:

And here's a special thank you to Zac at Roseville Yamaha who helped me figure out the economics of my fix - buy decision to the detriment of his own economics, because I know he put a lot of effort into working with me and diagnosing the bike.

I want it now! :(

Here are some pics:

Congrats on the replacement bike. I love that blue (I wish they had it in 2010 so I'm with Silver -- still looks good).

I'm pretty new here and it's pretty darn cool too see a bunch of folks here help you figure out and get the new ride -- kudos all around; this is surely a great site :) .

Dennis

Cool, Hans. And my fave color. As OM said to me when I was between FJRs, "Once you've had an FJR, you can't NOT have an FJR." True, ain't it? (In fact, once you've had an '05 FJR . . ..")

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find JB! It will be a toasty trip back north...have a fun safe ride. :)

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new ride! Zak at Roseville is a great guy. Glad he helped, I've had nothing but great help from that dealership. And they have the cutest counter help you could ever ask for. :) If you're in the neighborhood, worth a stop in.

GREAT NEWS!! congratulations!! :clapping: and because I always like to see a job through to the end, if the orignal now-farkle source is still at Roseville, if you need more truckage, please let me know.

Just got mine back from a valve adjust and CCT/chain R and R, etc and I too agree that Zac and Roseville Yamaha do a good and very fair job of taking care of customers.

but come on - only 300 more miles and you can get that SS1000....

I saw him today. Somewhere on I-10 in the middle of the desert. I was returning home from the IBR finish in Ontario, and Hans was headed the opposite way riding like his hair was on fire! Maybe it was. Fukin HOT in the desert southwest today. Phoenix hit 117 degrees. Good thing Hans got out early!

I saw him today. Somewhere on I-10 in the middle of the desert. I was returning home from the IBR finish in Ontario, and Hans was headed the opposite way riding like his hair was on fire! Maybe it was. Fukin HOT in the desert southwest today. Phoenix hit 117 degrees. Good thing Hans got out early!
Congrats on the new bike, Hans. Hope you made it safely home without melting in the heat. Can we look forward to some more commuter chronicles, once you've got the bike set up?

JB stopped by here yesterday around 12 to cool off a little and refill his water. He was going to overnight in Lebec and head home early today. He should be home soon and out of the heat. It was 95 here at noon but after going thru Palm Springs at 120 he didnt mind the 95 much :p

The maiden Voyage. His new bike is really clean and looks practically new.

DSC04590.jpg

DSC04589.jpg

Latest posts