Just picked up my birthday surprise.....2017 ES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My seat arrived today!

I'm lucky that the seller happened to be in my own state so it only took a day.

Here's why I got this NIB seat for a 1/3 of retail..... It was described as a scratch.

The Ebay seller had a fuzzy close up pic of the "scratch", so I naturally assumed the worst.

Turns out it was the smallest little spot I could've imagined!

A couple of dots from a black sharpie and a drop of super glue and now all is well.

ES2qT1Xm.jpg

tlNkOXzm.jpg

CJDIKL9m.jpg

We just got back yesterday from our trip to the Dragon, Devils Triangle & surrounding roads. We all made it up and back with no incidents or accidents which is always a good thing.

6yftAt2l.jpg

Group photo

p43AZFUl.jpg

Me and my son on his 1098s

JEFUxcZl.jpg

Taking it easy while I get familiar with the FJR

UL33gX5l.jpg

I think you set a record! Looks like the youngest group of riders eva on this sight. LOL
Congrat's.

Dave
What?? I thought they represented a pretty good cross-section of what we all look like.
rolleyes.gif
It'll get even more diverse as my daughter will be riding with us next time.

She couldn't make it up this year because she graduates from motorcycle mechanic school in a week or so.

You are just a short ride away from me in Mims; what dealer did you get your bike from?

I love that '17 and we all know black is the fastest color.........

You are just a short ride away from me in Mims; what dealer did you get your bike from?
It was purchased at Seminole Powersports North in Eustis on Hwy 441.

It used to be the old Champions Powersports of Eustis.

It was purchased at Seminole Powersports North in Eustis on Hwy 441.

It used to be the old Champions Powersports of Eustis.

Copy that, thanks. I have a little Yam/Suz dealer here in Titusville. When I bought my '09 I had called all over the state and wrote down details of the best deal(s) and they matched it. Seminole Powersports is a big one; I need to visit more dealers just for fun, but dang, that can get expensive lol!

Happy belated birthday! Did you sell that 1000cc Yamaha? It's the one with center hub steering.
Thanks!

No not yet. I've had interest from people, but nobody serious.

We actually took it out the other day. My son rode the GTS1000 while I put some more miles on the FJR.

kLL4za6.jpg

You should come down and take her back to Calgary!

I noticed you bought the T-rex front slider but opted for the MC rear bag protector. Why didn't you go with the rear T-rex bag protecter. It looks like the MC has only two points of contact but the T-rex has 3 points of contact. In my mind the 3 points of contact is stronger.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed you bought the T-rex front slider but opted for the MC rear bag protector. Why did you go with the rear T-rex bag protecter. It looks like the MC has only two points of contact but the T-rex has 3 points of contact. In my mind the 3 points of contact is stronger.
Dave
My daughter works @ Cycle Gear.

The MC enterprises stuff is available through C.G. and I get her (deep) discount!
punk.gif

When she leaves C.G. I'm gonna have trouble paying full price for stuff.........
uhoh.gif

My wife & kids surprised me yesterday with a new 2017 ES as an early birthday present!
Picked it up today and used the "new purchaser checklist" from the FAQ to make sure the dealer didn't forget to give everything I'm supposed to get with it.

Disappointed to see the tool kit only comes with a screwdriver and an allen head wrench. (2 tools) is this for real?

Anyway, took it out for ride to get a feel for it (140 miles).

Now I feel obligated to sell my 1993 Yamaha GTS 1000 since both bikes are sport tourers.

Anyone interested?
smile.png
congratulations on the new bike!!

I think of all the times I haven't used my '05 FJR toolkit over the years and 115k miles. If I did need to fix something, if I couldn't do it with a screwdriver and an allen wrench then I wasn't going to fix it while on the road. Which, by the way, has never happened.

This bike is good.........and dependable.... Ride.....