Just picked up my birthday surprise.....2017 ES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice gift! And if your bike is anything like the google images I found it is one nice looking machine! Very modern looking for the year. Maybe keep it around as a back up?

5T5DKEv.jpg

Y6BWzK7.jpg

rickysnickers posted: On that bike, it has a single sided front suspension, on the left side. I have no idea how it works though.
Like this:

yamaha-gts-custom-2-625x417.jpg

Honking big hunk of steel masquerading as a swing arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the congrats.

I just got some goodies in the mail today!

T-rex FJR sliders, mc enterprises rear luggage guards, & a techmount stem mount for my Zumo 660lm

Put on the Techmount, T-rex sliders, and MC enterprises luggage guards on today. Looking good against the black bodywork.

Gpfs4oKl.jpg

Gpyhw43l.jpg

Thanks everybody! Unfortunately I didn't get to ride today on my actual birthday. Too busy prepping for hurricane Irma down here in FL. OH well, next week. lol

Congrats!!! Keep both bikes. The other one is just too cool to get rid of.

Well happy happy birthday! At my age I was wanting to forget birthdays. But if my wife started buying me presents like that I could start getting my memory back real quick. Enjoy! p.m.

Well I was disappointed to see that my right side luggage emblem already fell off the bike after only a few weeks of ownership. But it's to be expected from what I've read. Now both sides are gorilla glued. After delivery I double checked my saddlebag locks and even though the dealer assured me they were loctited, they weren't... sorted that at home. Today was a good Ebay day! I scored a NIB Yamaha oem comfort seat for a best offer of a $100. Now to convince my wife that I need the touring windshield. lol

You do need the touring windshield, women just do not know these things. That was a great score on the seat.