Kickstand Lodge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauden

Reaction score
We recently returned from our annual trip to the Smokie mountains. Deal's Gap and the Dragon. We usually plan on motorcycle camping. On this trip we found a place that is just pure pleasure to stay at called Kickstand Lodge. It's a motorcycle campground with a a difference. After many years of motorcycle camping, we've seen all kinds of campgrounds. We enjoyed ourselves so much at Kickstand that I thought I would pass along the info so others could enjoy staying there while in the area.

They have beautiful camping sites along a flowing creek, there's also small single room cabins and a selection of Bunkbed cabins. Something for everyone's taste. It's also one of the best kept and clean campgrounds we've stayed at. All the amenities are there, but best of all the hosts, Fred and Mo are some of the friendliest people around. During breakfast in the morning and dinner at night (cooked by Fred and Mo and shared with all) there was great conversation and camraderie. The group campfire in the evenings was a hoot. It's just miles from the Dragon, Cherhola Skyway and Blue Ridge Parkway. They even have local area rides posted on there website for anyone to enjoy.

If your in the area, stop by and checkout Kickstand Lodge. Fred and Mo love visitors, tell them 'GRail' sent ya, they'll get a chuckle.

Kickstand Lodge

Lauden: those are some fantastic pics That are listed on the home page of the camp ground.

That would be one area that I would camp at if I were traveling in that area. Those folks that run the camp ground seeed to have found peace and harmony in the service that they are providing for motorcyclist. Nothing like that here in californa that I know of.

Those are some beautiful mountains you have there in the somkey mountains

Thanks for the info Lauden. My dad and I rode by there, on a ride to Maggie Valley from Tellico Plaines. They looked to be closed....it was February after all. I've heard good things about the place, so now maybe I'll have to go there now....always up for a roadtrip.

Brian

We recently returned from our annual trip to the Smokie mountains. Deal's Gap and the Dragon. We usually plan on motorcycle camping. On this trip we found a place that is just pure pleasure to stay at called Kickstand Lodge. It's a motorcycle campground with a a difference. After many years of motorcycle camping, we've seen all kinds of campgrounds. We enjoyed ourselves so much at Kickstand that I thought I would pass along the info so others could enjoy staying there while in the area.
They have beautiful camping sites along a flowing creek, there's also small single room cabins and a selection of Bunkbed cabins. Something for everyone's taste. It's also one of the best kept and clean campgrounds we've stayed at. All the amenities are there, but best of all the hosts, Fred and Mo are some of the friendliest people around. During breakfast in the morning and dinner at night (cooked by Fred and Mo and shared with all) there was great conversation and camraderie. The group campfire in the evenings was a hoot. It's just miles from the Dragon, Cherhola Skyway and Blue Ridge Parkway. They even have local area rides posted on there website for anyone to enjoy.

If your in the area, stop by and checkout Kickstand Lodge. Fred and Mo love visitors, tell them 'GRail' sent ya, they'll get a chuckle.

Kickstand Lodge
Wow! The house we rent is probably within a mile of that! lol I'll be there 6/25 till 7/01. ANyone else going to be around there in that time frame?

Latest posts