Kisan Headlight Modualtor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rddiehl

Reaction score
I just installed this unit on my FJR and I have a sugesstion to make it easier if you all decide to install them on your bike. The unit come with a sleve so you can flush mount the sensor, which is impossibe to get into the hole they suggest drilling. I learned from my mistake, since I broke a sensor and had to get a new one. Well thankfully I drilled the hole on the cover where the controls for the heated grips would go. The first hole is too large for this mod, so I ordered a new cover, but I used the old stuff for practice. So this is what I did, I got part of the idea from someplace on the internet. Well anyway if you break off the ears on the plugs (two one on each side that really serve no purpose, make sure you don't break off the latch) Drill a 5/16" hole in the place you want to mount the sensor, which I put mine back in the same location on that cover, which can easliy moved if I get heated grips. Feed the slave wire through the hole from the top and then the master and pull the unit trough. Go to Home Depot and get a 5/16" e-clip and slide it onto the bottom of the sensor. This holds the unit very secure. Istall looks clean and the Kisan units works great. I bought my head light and tail light Modualtor form Biker Hiway at a great price. I even found a coupon code to make them cheaper.

rddiehl

ok here are some photos on my dirty bike

003.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
breakin ears, holes too big, warnings about latches..come on show us da pics!!!!

'sup with not sharing the discount code? :D

cadman

see if it still works MG610611 I think it gives an extra 10%. i will try to get some photos when I locate my camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed this unit on my FJR and I have a sugesstion to make it easier if you all decide to install them on your bike. The unit come with a sleve so you can flush mount the sensor, which is impossibe to get into the hole they suggest drilling. I learned from my mistake, since I broke a sensor and had to get a new one. Well thankfully I drilled the hole on the cover where the controls for the heated grips would go. The first hole is too large for this mod, so I ordered a new cover, but I used the old stuff for practice. So this is what I did, I got part of the idea from someplace on the internet. Well anyway if you break off the ears on the plugs (two one on each side that really serve no purpose, make sure you don't break off the latch) Drill a 5/16" hole in the place you want to mount the sensor, which I put mine back in the same location on that cover, which can easliy moved if I get heated grips. Feed the slave wire through the hole from the top and then the master and pull the unit trough. Go to Home Depot and get a 5/16" e-clip and slide it onto the bottom of the sensor. This holds the unit very secure. Istall looks clean and the Kisan units works great. I bought my head light and tail light Modualtor form Biker Hiway at a great price. I even found a coupon code to make them cheaper.
rddiehl
IIRC, the suggested hole size WAS off, but I had no problem using the supplied hardware to mount my sensor. I just took my time and made sure not to damage my baby. :rolleyes:

p756756466-3.jpg

I absolutely hate these dang head lamp modulator thingies! They are annoying, distracting and cause me to have target fixation. Sometimes I am even tempted to drive straight at a bike with a head lamp modulator.

Ranting aside, is there a study that indicates these things improve rider safety? I sure would hate to have to install one, seeing I loath them so.

rddiehl
IIRC, the suggested hole size WAS off, but I had no problem using the supplied hardware to mount my sensor. I just took my time and made sure not to damage my baby. :rolleyes:

p756756466-3.jpg
ya, there was no way it was going to fit in that 10mm hole. glad i am not crazy.

Yours looks like a nice, clean install. I just zip tied the sensor to the other cables and you don't notice it. My install is for us lazy folks.

Rog

Yours looks like a nice, clean install. I just zip tied the sensor to the other cables and you don't notice it. My install is for us lazy folks.
Rog
As mentioned/discussed in several other threads, I am just a "little" anal-retentive/OCD and, perhaps, just a bit of a perfectionist. :rolleyes: Other than that, I can let most things go. :dribble:

Good tip on the install, I used a zip tie on mine.

YES they will save your ass in traffic !

Only the lead guy uses his in a group ride, not obnoxious to me (as a rider) at all.

Unwanted outcomes: the old lady who almost kills everyone trying to pullover, thinks you are LEO.

the small town LEO who's never seen one before.

the oncoming asshole who swerves AT you 'cause he thinks you are flashing him.

Latest posts