Kisan Headlight Possible group buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the Kisan on my 04. No cutting AT ALL, 100% plug'n play.

That being said, the unit ONLY modulates on high beams, wish it was low beams. My high beams, well, actually my headlights are Phillips Extreme +80's, which is to say, even in bright sunlight their near blinding to oncoming drivers. You've got to be VERY considerate with them.

As for the Kisan itself, well made, and, the units do not get hot at all.

Is there any chance you could consider the Comagination Visipath modulator? It has basically the same features as the Kisan unit (e.g. plug & play, dual headlights, can modulate high or low beams, daylight sensitivity adjustment etc.) but it's about $50 cheaper. There are lots of comments on this site about the Comagination unit (search "Comagination site:fjrforum" or webBikeworld).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok the Group Buy is open! *(Check out the group Buy section for details)*

Ps, they are offering the buy for ALL Kisan products. not just the modulators

Is there any chance you could consider the Comagination Visipath modulator? It has basically the same features as the Kisan unit (e.g. plug & play, dual headlights, can modulate high or low beams, daylight sensitivity adjustment etc.) but it's about $50 cheaper. There are lots of comments on this site about the Comagination unit (search "Comagination site:fjrforum" or webBikeworld).
I thought about it, but their modulators are at such a low price point that the effort and work of a Group Buy would not be worth it.... Plus, Kisan is giving the Group Buy discount to ALL kisan products, not just the modulators :)

Does anyone know if adding a modulator would effect the bike being 50 state legal? I can recall reading that some states don't allow ANY modifications to the lighting system even if it makes the vehicle safer. Otherwise I'm very interested.

Does anyone know if adding a modulator would effect the bike being 50 state legal? I can recall reading that some states don't allow ANY modifications to the lighting system even if it makes the vehicle safer. Otherwise I'm very interested.

Headlight modulators are legal per Federal Law provided they meet certain specifications, Kisan Modulators meet these regulations

https://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-tec...ulator-regs.htm

Group Buy is going on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.