Last Minute RTE 6/24 to Plain Jane's Diner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to dirt roads, Fred's got nuthin' on FJRGuy and shakin'

Don't ask me how I know :dribble:
Only because (most of) my dirt roads actually take you where you want to go! :rolleyes: (I read 'fitter's ride report) :p

Okay, all kidding aside! I'm grateful to Fred for being kind enough to rework the route at the last minute (at the crack of dawn based on the time of his post) to eliminate the planned dirt sections, probably knowing my phobia of unpaved surfaces. Given that I now have the precious, irreplacable Beetle Bags installed on my bike and the fact that I'm vertically challenged, I'm even more nervous about unstable road surfaces! Fred not only revised the route, he also set the Garmin to "no dirt," so I'd say the real culprit here was Garmin!
It was all Garmina's fault!! She said they were paved, I tell ya...

Hey Fred, Maybe you and Jack can give off road lessons to Gina on a made for dirt bike so she can see what fun she's missing out on.
huh.gif
Only problem with that plan is seat height. She wouldn't be able to get either of my dirt worthy steeds off the side stand.

Hell, I'm on tippy toes sitting on the WR. But you are right, a nice XR200 for a few hours of dirty fun would do the girl some good. Once you learn to relax, it's actually pretty hard to dump a bike on a dry dirt road just putting along. Now that snotty muddy half frozen road I lead you guys down between Burdicks and Fiddleheads last fall was a recipe for a bike nap. :p

God! I Missed a ride.. *&^%$$

It is apparent to me that I may have too much going on..

And I know a few of my riding friends have my cell number and didn’t ring me up! For SHAME Dennis!

It looks like a great ride sorry I missed it. No I am really pissed I missed it! Sandi and I where off for a little ride that day but never saw the post the day before.

I will see you guys on the next one for sure!

Wow That dirt road looked very tame.. Is Fred ok?

God! I Missed a ride.. *&^%$$

It is apparent to me that I may have too much going on..

And I know a few of my riding friends have my cell number and didn’t ring me up! For SHAME Dennis!

It looks like a great ride sorry I missed it. No I am really pissed I missed it! Sandi and I where off for a little ride that day but never saw the post the day before.

I will see you guys on the next one for sure!

Wow That dirt road looked very tame.. Is Fred ok?
Ah... should've buzzed you on that one. Sorry bruh!

I had to bag it after lunch so didn't get onto the 2nd leg of the ride -- I had that feeling that wifey wanted me home and I was right.

Mr. Fred, thanks for the great ride and thanks much for posting the route -- I'd like to trace that one again (knowing in advance that there's a dirt road to avoid). Luckily, it wasn't a bad dirt road.

Funny that the Diner had a gravel parking lot and spun the rear a little getting out to the pavement -- it's almost fun.

Dennis