Life After lowering the rear by 7/8"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm trying to get a petition together to have "road humps" [1] installed on our residential street. some jokers like to use our street as a short cut between 2 other (larger) roads and refuse to keep the speeds down to something reasonable for a residential neighborhood.
[1] not as abrupt as "speed bumps" but a little higher and wider.
Nevermind the humps. Just place a dark cow in the road at night and those speeders will think twice about ever doing it again.

dawdling_cow.JPG

Having a donkey at standby is always prudent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't lowered mine, but the morons in my condo association decided to put in speed bumps and I literally have to idle the bike to get over the main entrance one without bottoming out. I rode the whole complex and that is the only one I can't take at the 10 MPH speed limit. Talked to the President of the association and he swears that they were all built to the same code. I watched them build them, couple of illegals with a shovel and some asphalt. I hate Speed Bumps, don't even get me started on how much more I would hate them if I lowered the bike. HOA's, gotta love 'em... :assassin:
i'm trying to get a petition together to have "road humps" [1] installed on our residential street. some jokers like to use our street as a short cut between 2 other (larger) roads and refuse to keep the speeds down to something reasonable for a residential neighborhood.

[1] not as abrupt as "speed bumps" but a little higher and wider.
I can understand it for that, but we have our other street closed off for that reason. Used to have the same thing here, then gated one side and it went away. The problem came from some of my neighbor cagers that think the circle through the complex is part of an Indy 500 track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question regarding this ... Just the opposite though......
Has anyone put on (do they make them? Or homemade?) slightly smaller dogbones to raise the rear and create more ground clearance for aggressive cornering tactics and less parts scraping?

Just wondering?.?.?.?

WW
Hi,

Should anyone have any info on rising the height of the fjr let me know as I live in Mexico and the speed bumps here are everywhere. I have to go over all of them very carfully and even then I scrape sometimes.