Looking For Tank Kneepads, Anyone ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogahboogah

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'd like to find some knee pads for the tank so my knees have something to grip onto instead of shiny waxed blue paint on my '05. I saw some rubber like pads on the ST-1300 Honda when I was bike shopping and was wondering if any on the forum have seen something like this as a purchasable add-on.

Anyone seen something like that out there ?

I have already posted a similar question. I'm not so concerned with the grip, but think a non conducting rubber or foam pad would cut down on the toasty thighs. Some one did give this link.

https://www.techspec-usa.com/

They have some things which may work but it would require me to cut the pads tp fit the sides of the tank myself.

I have a pair of the ST pads on my...ST1100. I think they will fit the FJR, they require the drilling of 2 holes per pad, and I think the plastic would have to come off to attach the backside nuts. They are available from Honda, around $40 USD. (they don't say 'Honda')

Not really cushy, might provide some insulating from heat, I like the look, better than rubbrd off paint and scratched plastic.

Fastfar - thanks for the info, but I was looking for something stick-on that didn't need holes

pennerk - Yes that was pretty much what I was thinking - Dealers seem to be 2/3's the list price shown on the tech-spec website, but they don't carry the ice grip product, just the Gripster. I'll order the Ice Grip sheet now, & post a note after I've mounted them & used for awhile. Thanks for the pointer !