Looking for Video Camcorder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08FJR4ME

-WYNPRO-
Reaction score
I have been looking for a camcorder to have on the bike. Does anyone have any experiance with the Kodak Zx3.

It is waterproof, it can take some abuse and also has been getting good reviews.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the midland XTC100 helmet cam from radio shack for under 100.00 it come with plenty of mounts. For the money it does a really go job.

If you happen to be a member of Costco, you can get the 1080p HD Contour GPS cam for $299. The camera has outstanding picture quality and is GPS enabled. What I have seen of the output impressed me much more than GoPro.

You will get what you pay for in general, and its not fair to compare any camera in this class to the Kodak Kodak Zx3 at about $120. So It is admittedly an apples to bananas comparison.

Another vote for GoPro. Battery life could be better, but still a great camera.

Just saw a review on helmet cams in wired magazine and they rated the contour higher than the go pro and there are iPhone and android aps that let you use your phone as a viewfinder and playback device. Also has a glove friendly switch to start and stop recording. This may be my next purchase.