Mad River Road with John_Dumke

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice vid KR. Inquiring minds want to know, since John missed the turn, did he ever make it back to the hotel or is he still out there looking for you?

Which one is Mad River Rd? I have done 36 several times from both directions, and don't remember it. That doesn't mean much. Might be a good excuse to head back down there.

Which one is Mad River Rd? I have done 36 several times from both directions, and don't remember it. That doesn't mean much. Might be a good excuse to head back down there.
Mad River Road is about 2 miles east of the burger bar. Turn right if you are going east and it runs up besides Ruth lake, you can then take Van Duzen Road back down to 36 or take Ruth/Zenia road to Alderpoint Road out to 101 but I don't recommend that route.

This is the route we did.........

This is the one i would do next time. You can find it in the Destination Highways book.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you could do that loop from either side of Mad River. How long is that loop? I think I better head down there in the next week or two, something to do.

That was a nice road and right where I lost you. I turned on this road instead of passing it to the burger place. Coming back up Van duzen was fun but there was alot of gravel in the road. Be careful.

I stopped to look at my map beacause GPS was telling me to turn on a dirt road and found this guy accros the street. I thought you had ditched me so the jackass gave me a good laugh.

WFO10383.jpg

I have to say that while Eureka by the cost was very cold for motorcycling, the surrounding roads inland, where temperatures where much warmer, were some of the best. Great scenary, great turns, little traffic and well paved roads (for the most part).

You don't get a chance to connect that many turns in a row, without worrying about traffic, road hazards, or police in most other parts of the country.

Now if my tour guide would just keep me on track, I would be in great shape. Sorry to ditch you Dan, we need to devise a popcorn trail system, so that we don't loose you next time.

Isn't there an iPhone app for that? The "Where are my faster friends?" app. I actually think there is. No kidding. Maybe we can incorporate this next time.

Richard, our resident purveyor of motorcycle tech gadgets, get on this one.

I have to say that while Eureka by the cost was very cold for motorcycling, the surrounding roads inland, where temperatures where much warmer, were some of the best. Great scenary, great turns, little traffic and well paved roads (for the most part).
You don't get a chance to connect that many turns in a row, without worrying about traffic, road hazards, or police in most other parts of the country.

Now if my tour guide would just keep me on track, I would be in great shape. Sorry to ditch you Dan, we need to devise a popcorn trail system, so that we don't loose you next time.

Isn't there an iPhone app for that? The "Where are my faster friends?" app. I actually think there is. No kidding. Maybe we can incorporate this next time.

Richard, our resident purveyor of motorcycle tech gadgets, get on this one.
oh never mind.