Maupin Romp: PNWFOG Fall Get-Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure, but if I show up can I room with someone? Willing to split the cost.

Dave

PS. My son has a Grid Kid game on Saturday (I'm the coach), but might ride down after to "drink" with you all and then ride out the next morning with you all. :)

PM or post here if you're okay with a late guest.

Looks like I will be unable to attend. I have had a work related commitment pop up that isn't going to go away.

Everyone ride safe, have a shot of Pendleton Whisky for me and if this is to be an annual event, I will be there next October.

El Piggo

I hate bad news. And the news that you're not bringing the Pendleton Whiskey is definitely bad news. And I really hate when work gets in the way of having fun. But, spit happens (as I once saw on a baby bib). We'll tip a few for you.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Jason. So...if you have work related commitments does that mean you will run rabbit for us on the back roads? Just a thought :unknw: See you next year...or sooner.

--G

Sorry to hear you can't make it Jason. So...if you have work related commitments does that mean you will run rabbit for us on the back roads? Just a thought :unknw: See you next year...or sooner.
--G
I don't do THAT kind of work anymore. ;) I'm just the boss and don't get to have the fun.

Is anyone around Portland going to Maupin on that Sat. morning and leaving that night?? I would like to ride with, if you are. I don't think that I will have the chance to stay out that way for that night, wish I could. Before I go, I need to find a way to get tires. lol

Carl

I just talked to the people at the motel and they said if there is going to be a group for dinner it would be nice to have an idea how many to expect. If you want to call them or let me or maybe Marty know we can give them the info.

I am new to the PNW and am joining this get together. See everyone Saturday- +1 for dinner. Anyone suggest a good route down from Seattle?

BTW, if anyone would want to split a room. I have a reservation with two beds gound floor at the Imperial Hotel. $150/2=$75. PM if interested.

I am new to the PNW and am joining this get together... Anyone suggest a good route down from Seattle?
Couple of options...well more than a couple, but here's my choices. The big IF is what the weather is going to do this weekend. More specifically the snow level.

First choice: Make your way to Enumclaw, take 410 east around the back side of Rainier, south on 123 and back track on 12 to Randle. From Randle, south on 131 / NF25 (past St. Helens) and follow south to Carson in the Columbia River Gorge. Take SR14 east and you have your choice of crossing at Hood River or The Dalles. Continue wandering aimlessly on a twisty road to Maupin.

This way is fairly remote, riding through national forest with some marginal roads south of St. Helens and mountain passes to contend with. Will be slow in places, so get an early start. Someone from the Portland bunch can chime in and relay the condition of NF25 to Carson. I haven't been on it this year.

Second option if the snow level is too low. Take I-90 east to Toppenish and head south on 97. Detour #1, take 821 from Ellensburg to Selah... canyon road, fun, but low speed limit. As a detour, cut off at Goldendale and take 142 south / west to SR14. This follows the Klickitat river and is a nice ride w/o a lot of traffic.

Panman and I are leaving Friday if you're interested. Have fun and watch the snow level.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to the PNW and am joining this get together. See everyone Saturday- +1 for dinner. Anyone suggest a good route down from Seattle?
BTW, if anyone would want to split a room. I have a reservation with two beds gound floor at the Imperial Hotel. $150/2=$75. PM if interested.

We are leaving Saturday morning about 7:30 from Auburn. You are welcome to join up. We are planning to go the SR 410. 123 12 to NF 25/90 to Trout Lake and over to Goldendale then south to Maupin. If the weather is lousy, then we will go east and down through I-84 to US 97 and south.