Metzler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the email I got from Metzler today.

Hello
Thanks for the e-mail and the feedback. So you know the local dealer at the event was Jim's M/C Sales of Johnson City, TN. Jim's is a great Metzeler dealer and has sold Metzeler tires at many of the Honda Hoots before Honda cancelled them due to economic reasons. And to be clear Metzeler does not sell dealer or consumer direct and we always rely on the local dealer to sell and service the events.

With the current economic times the dealer was very concerned with the expected turnout for the event. So in typical fashion they ordered X amount of tires for the rally and headed to the event. They were shocked to find no other tire dealers at the event and by Friday they knew they were going to run out of tires. So with a captive audience, appointments booked out till Sunday they found they had few options.

As you stated the dealer tried to work you into the Sunday schedule but they could not meet your time constraints. As you stated they were extremely busy when you approached them, but with motorcycle sales down 35%, with parts and service at dealers down 25%, we feel the dealer did the best that he could to meet the needs of other customers that planned ahead. In closing we are very sorry that it didn't work out for you and your friends. Have a great weekend.

US Metzeler Moto

www.us.metzelermoto.com

877 202-4993
Apparently they didn't read the first email. They 'feel' the dealer did the best that he could to meet our needs? How does that work if they didn't sell us tires?

That's the biggest pile of pass the buck, deflect the blame BS I think I've ever read.

-MD

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What a BS response, the local deal did nothing, offered no alternatives to get tires. Thanks for being consistent and doing nothing also, US Metzeler Moto.

Perhaps now some of you will understand why Metzler is so high on some "Dissatisfied" or "Will Not Buy" lists.

Obviously, reading comprehension is not high on Metzlers requirements IF it was explained you would have paid the full price and had them mounted elsewhere as it was a safety issue./

While I am not loyal to any particular vendor or manufacturer, I am extremely dis-loyal to those I've heard treat their potential customers/end user in this manner. The only weapon I have to use against this type of customer relations is to make sure everyone I know understands the treatment others have suffered.

You have the power and win this argument, Metzler. I hope it was worth it.

Now, as to why BMW MOA only signed/allowed one vendor to such a large gathering? Were others busy elsewhere or wouldn't "jump through hoops" to be allowed as a vendor? We'll probably never know the complete or exact reasoning. Everyone will blame someone else for the problems....just like some politicians.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually thinking about replacing my Metzlers with more Metzlers.

But this is the last complaint I can stand...It'll be Michelins for me.

Latest posts