Michelin PR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
My first Michelin PR rear tire gave me about 6700 miles, which I considered to be acceptable, so I put on a second one. I just changed that one out at 9400 miles. I'm trying to figure out what changed between the two so I can continue to get such good use out of the new one.

Near as I can tell, two things changed. I found that the gauge on my air compressor hose was reading 2 psi higher than my stick gauge, so I added 2 psi when I air up. Second thing is I did the Ashe adjustments to my suspension. Other than that my riding style, route to and from work, weekend rides, etc. have been pretty much the same.

Any ideas why the big change??

Jeff's advise on suspension is a major factor the bike is most likely more planted with less hopping,slipping around with a good setup you are also alot smoother in your riding style. give him a big thank's for a better riding bike and saving you some cash as well!

Jeff's advise on suspension is a major factor the bike is most likely more planted with less hopping,slipping around with a good setup you are also alot smoother in your riding style. give him a big thank's for a better riding bike and saving you some cash as well!

Thanks Jeff!!!! :clapping:

Thanks Jeff!!!! :clapping:
Can I put this one in the bank and redeem it when I give you some really sh!tty advice???

Either way, you're very welcomed. After you filter through my hogwash to determine what really works, just pass it on. That's what separates us from the apes (or in my case, cousins).

:)

Orrr.... did the rubber harden from non-use on the longer mileage tire prior to install?

Old dirt trackers used to leave new rubber to 'bake' in the sun to harden it up a point or two..

Orrr.... did the rubber harden from non-use on the longer mileage tire prior to install?Old dirt trackers used to leave new rubber to 'bake' in the sun to harden it up a point or two..

I'll see how the third tire does! Hopefully it was the suspension adjustment, but Henry Tate (you might know him - lives in Paso) said the same thing you did.

I say it's the wrist. You obviously have become limp-wristed.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)