Mike and Rob's 50 - 50 Twisty tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What up with the East comments?
huh.png
Maybe I'm not with it...but the only sign I think about is the one on CA 36 outside of Red Bluff.

What sign are you talking about?

Sorry gang for no updates. Between no internet and computer gliches I'm a little behind. All is good so far. Mike and I are still getting along even. We're on the pacific coast right now and are headed north and east today.

More later

Rob

Sorry gang for no updates. Between no internet and computer gliches I'm a little behind. All is good so far. Mike and I are still getting along even. We're on the pacific coast right now and are headed north and east today.More later

Rob
Hope yer having fun and not just getting fatigued from drinking through that fire hose of miles...

EDIT: You are SO close to Skaggs Springs Rd...I hope for your sakes that you guys take it. I know I will never ever pass up that road if I am anywhere near it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they found Skaggs Spring.. but are headed all the way EAST? instead of back up north?

What up with that, eh?

Looks like they found Skaggs Spring.. but are headed all the way EAST? instead of back up north?What up with that, eh?
Proof that vacations aren't endless, and that there is an end date?
Not done yet boys... North bound tomorrow. WCR is in our sights.. THEN maybe home. I promised I would be home around the 27th or 28th.

Great day of riding today. Skaggs Springs road is a must do! Put it on your bucket list. Then we went up 101 to Avenue of the Giants. Another cool road. Then 101 some more to 36 East. Well! 150 effing miles of YEE HAW and WOO HOO. Resting in Red Bluff tonight before we go visit FJRAY tomorrow. Total kms/ miles to date... 16000/10000. Yowsa!!!!!

You guys are hitting just about everything there is - Skaggs Springs and 36 are definitely must dos! I wish I had caught this earlier though - would have steered you west to 1 on Highway 20 out of Willits so you could run from the coast to Leggett (extremely awesome) instead of drilling up 101, but it would have added a couple of hours and you've got lots of great miles to go still.

Awesome trip!

"de-thawing"??? Thaw means to melt, de-thawing means to freeze? Just wondering if their brains are re-freezing??