Mike and Rob's 50 - 50 Twisty tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are hitting just about everything there is - Skaggs Springs and 36 are definitely must dos! I wish I had caught this earlier though - would have steered you west to 1 on Highway 20 out of Willits so you could run from the coast to Leggett (extremely awesome) instead of drilling up 101, but it would have added a couple of hours and you've got lots of great miles to go still.
Awesome trip!
Did you guys get a picture in front of "the sign" on Hwy 36, west of Red Bluff?

Did you guys tip over your bikes in Red Bluff in honor of "Mr. Reuben Run" hisself?

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are hitting just about everything there is - Skaggs Springs and 36 are definitely must dos! I wish I had caught this earlier though - would have steered you west to 1 on Highway 20 out of Willits so you could run from the coast to Leggett (extremely awesome) instead of drilling up 101, but it would have added a couple of hours and you've got lots of great miles to go still.

Awesome trip!

Did you guys tip over your bikes in Red Bluff in honor of "Mr. Reuben Run" hisself?
I hear you were to blame for the tip over Mark.

Awesome trip!
I hear you were to blame for the tip over Mark.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Guilty as charged...

When FJRay wasn't looking, I pushed that sumbitch over.
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Hey Ray...

fuck.gif

Ray and Patti are so nice I may see if they want to adopt another son. Another maintenance day complete and looking forward to the best twisties Oregon and Washington have to offer. Ray directed me to all the cool secret fun roads. We are well rested, well fed and ready to hit the road again.

Well good for FJRay! He musta said "HE*% NO!" to the adoption idea and sent them boys packing.

One of these yrs I'd love to do some riding up in the PNW. Looking at where they're going only drives that desire more.

I just got all mine out of the house! No way am I adopting a couple clowns that aren't even house broken:):):)

That didn't happen on any 'merican Lake, trust me!

Good on yah Ray, them boyz needed all the help they could get!

Good to meet up with you two today. In Silverton Oregon of all places. Sorry you had to pick the only 1 or 2 days we had rain:(

I sure wish I had thought to offer some sort of assistance, but you seem to have it pretty well handeled.

Looks like a fantastic trip so far!

Thanks for taking the time.

Brian

Hey good to meet you Brian. We actually ended up having a really good ride. Rain and all. The road to Mt St Helens was closed though. Lots of other good twisties though.

Another FJR here at our hotel tonight with BC plates. With a BMW and a Bandit. Don't know who it is.

I see the dense forest blocked out the spot tracker though.

Canada tomorrow!

Heads up guys!

The TransCanada/1a is closed in both directions at Banff, and 40 is closed south of Canmore. Both do to flooding. Your riding into a crap load of rain. Not sure if either is on your route or not.

Keeping tabs on this as 40 (Kananaskis Trail) was my route north from Montana to the Icefield Parkway.

Heads up guys!
The TransCanada/1a is closed in both directions at Banff, and 40 is closed south of Canmore. Both do to flooding. Your riding into a crap load of rain. Not sure if either is on your route or not.

Keeping tabs on this as 40 (Kananaskis Trail) was my route north from Montana to the Icefield Parkway.
That's not rain. That's god peeing american beer.

Hey, you guys keep it shiny side up and take a rest day if you need to...rejuvenation makes the trip more betterer...plus you need the rest to muster up enough concentration to make it through the curves near Winterpeg.

Heads up guys!

That's not rain. That's god peeing american beer.
Doesn't matter, closed is closed. Just found out that the flooding has caused a sour gas pipeline southwest of Calgary in Turner Valley to rupture.

South west Alberta is having a bad time.

More news

"Looks like two slides north of Kaslo have closed 31 and our beloved 31A, from Kaslo to New Denver, is now closed due to the road being washed out.
facepalm.gif

Trans Canada Highway 1 now closed at Golden."

The WCR guys are gonna be pissed.