Miles on FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikemiser

Reaction score
I have 35K on my 06. I'm wondering if I keep this bike too long, will I lose a lot of value for trade in? At what miles will it no longer matter?

Thanks,

Jim

I have 35K on my 06.
35K on an '06 is too few. Use it for what it was intended...RIDE MORE!

Resident record is ~225,000 for an '04 that was still running strong....before it bounced off the pavement one too many times and went to the scrapyard in the sky.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a car,the minute it leaves the driveway and hits the street you lost money.

There's a saying at the dealership,once its burning gas you lose.

It's like the 90day or 9ft warranty. Yes the longer you keep it the less you'll get back. :angry:

I have 35K on my 06. I'm wondering if I keep this bike too long,

will I lose a lot of value for trade in? ...Thanks, Jim
well at 69,000 I think there's a limited market for my bike.

from your question you should sell your bike since your interest is in $$ vs. well ... everything else.

No judgement - not bad attitude at all; so, get the now bestest of the best and tell us how good it is.

If you are the type that deals for a different make or model every so often you maybe still ok for resale but if you are just going to buy another FJR... keep the one you got and go out and ride it.

110k and runs like new. It has no value but I am sure I will get a few more years of trouble free riding. Bikes are not an investment with an eye towards a monetary return.

Interesting topic.

Not sure in your neck of the woods, but around here, any bike with more than 40Km (25K miles) is considered done as far as resale goes. Doesn't stop ppl from asking utterly ridiculous prices for them, but they have a much harder time selling them.

I'm with Tom on this one. Once your passed a certain amount of mileage, your in it for the long haul if you don't want to take a beating on it.

Good thing I love my bike :D

Several here are right.. Just ride it an don't worry aboot the mileage. ;)

Hell, unless I ride mine to work this summer, my mileage is going to keep being ridiculously low.. :(

After 84K miles I thought about selling my '07 because I would really like to have a new adventure bike, but the resale value is basically nil, even though she is still going strong and most likely has many more miles remaining. I guess I'll just keep it, ride the shit out of it, and buy a used adventure.

IMHO, once you reach 50K the bike must be priced very aggressively to move. And...always remember that farkles don't add much [if any] value to the machine. You're much better off returning the bike to stock and selling the farkles separately.

My $.02, YMMV.

--G

Good thing I like my FJR! I have 62,000 miles on it now. Market around here for any bike over 30,000 miles or so is not good. People seem to think at 60K, its at the end of its useful life! I prefer to think of it as something less than middle-aged. I will probably keep it until something expensive happens.

Ross

I have a 2008 with 46K on the ODO. My guess by next season It will have almost 60K of down right kick ass fun miles on it and I won't be looking back. Worth every dime of sanity it gives me. Paid for and some!

Dave

Just a sampling of FJR's within a days travel of here. Some are farkled a bit, most are stock.

04 65K $7000

04 45K $7200

04 87K $7400

04 31K $8300

04 10K $8500

05 70K $8500

05 67K $7500

05 31K $7900

05 46K $8000

05 70K $8500

05 32K $9000

05 26K $10000

06AE 5K $10,300

06 62K 10,600

06 30K $10000 (trailer)

I buy a new motorcycle every 10-12 yrs,after much research, and put between 80-100k. The next owner gets a very good deal. I supplement my urge by buying used motorcycles.

Last edited by a moderator: