Movement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XHD4FJR

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Bar Movement, Bar Movement, I moved my Handle Bars Today![/SIZE]

After reading several post and receiving some sugestions from a tech about moving the bars on my 07 and still being somewhat confused. I decided to see how much trouble I could get in to, here's what I did.

1. Layed towels across the tank and other painted surfaces to protect finish.

2. Removed covers from bars requires 2.5 mm hex key

3. With covers off I then loosened the cap screw and the retaining nut on BOTH Bars but DO NOT REMOVE THEM, just loossen them until only a few threads were still holding them in place. You can place your finger under the triple tree and feel the nut.

4. One at a time I then lifted the bars, if you look between the bar and the triple tree you will see the locating pins will clear the holes and you can then move the bar to the desired location, reset the pins in the new holes and repeat process on the other bar.

5. Tighten cap screws and retaining nuts and replace the covers.

Total time 15 minutes start to finish nothing fell off or got misplaced and no extra hands were necessary. Didnt even have time to think about getting the camera out to document.

I was suprised how simple this was while the results are not major it does allow me a slight bend at the elbow instead of feeling like I was stiff arming all the time. May not be the ultimate fix but for me it's better than it was. Hope someone finds this helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,I give I will now return to my FNG corner and await further instructions. 216 views and not one comment from this bunch I must have really screwed up! :unsure: I hope someone found my bar relocation post helpful because it really was a whole lot easier than what I had read or been told.

In the future I promise to leave all attempts at humor to the professionals.

Hi My name is Bill and I'm A Yamaholic :rolleyes:

Hi Bill...I'm a Yamaholic too.

You have to understand that the majority of members here already have played with their handlebar position, and there have been many posts about the whole thing.

And I did your adjustment one better. I removed the outer pin on each handlebar. This allowed me to not only move them back...but swing them out more. Helped me ALOT.

I do think someone did an "adjustment" and did include photos...so don't feel bad about the lack of comments.....

KM

HI BILL!

I read your post with great interest and greatly enjoyed it, and your rapier sharp wit. :D Seriously!

You make it sound unintimidating, which is what always prompts me to try doing my own work.

However, my bars are already in the rearmost position and after "test-sitting" on another forum member's unit recently,

(that's how my mentor worded it - :jester: )

I've determined that I must purchase an aftermarket implement to move my bars farther up and back.

Actually, I've found that sitting back a bit, and more upright will be easier on my ass as well. It seems to rotate the behind's pressure

points to a more comfortable place.

And finally, I've found that including "pitchers" on any post really ups the readership. I struggle with the written word,

but I love "lookin'" at stuff.

Thanks again Bill.

HI BILL!I read your post with great interest and greatly enjoyed it, and your rapier sharp wit. :D Seriously!

You make it sound unintimidating, which is what always prompts me to try doing my own work.

However, my bars are already in the rearmost position and after "test-sitting" on another forum member's unit recently,

(that's how my mentor worded it - :jester: )

I've determined that I must purchase an aftermarket implement to move my bars farther up and back.

Actually, I've found that sitting back a bit, and more upright will be easier on my ass as well. It seems to rotate the behind's pressure

points to a more comfortable place.

And finally, I've found that including "pitchers" on any post really ups the readership. I struggle with the written word,

but I love "lookin'" at stuff.

Thanks again Bill.
Thanks guy's for a minuite I thought everybody had gone and left me here all alone!!

OK,I give I will now return to my FNG corner and await further instructions. 216 views and not one comment from this bunch I must have really screwed up! :unsure: I hope someone found my bar relocation post helpful because it really was a whole lot easier than what I had read or been told.
In the future I promise to leave all attempts at humor to the proffesionals.

Hi My name is Bill and I'm A Yamaholic :rolleyes:
sorry but claymation figures scare the hell out me

:p :D

My Father in law was a doctor in a small town in Wisconsin. One of his duties was to visit the local old folks home.

One day he overheard a resident exclaim: "Well, if you don't want to talk about bowel movements, then what do you want to talk about!"

Don't feel bad, most of my attempts at humor also flop. But they still tolerate me, er.... so far.

Hi..

I too have a new 07 AE model.

I haven't tried to move mine yet but was wandering where are the bars set from the factory?

In the middle position?

Thanks..Bob

Hi..
I too have a new 07 AE model.

I haven't tried to move mine yet but was wandering where are the bars set from the factory?

In the middle position?

Thanks..Bob

Bob

That's where mine were in the middle