Mp3 listeners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryguy322

Reaction score
For all you mp3 listeners out there, what kind of ear buds do you use?

I'm going to be picking up an Ipod shuffle today, probably, and wondering if any pair of ear buds will work or do some suck. Such as pulling out of my ear when putting on a helmet, or just plain crappy ear buds that you can't hear over wind and bike noise.

Google Search: earbuds site:fjrforum.com

clicky

start readin!

Etomotic ER6's are a favorite.

My cheap ass went to walmart and found some sony marshmellow ear buds for 9.99, they work fine for me, and block out most wind noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google Search: earbuds site:fjrforum.comclicky

start readin!

Etomotic ER6's are a favorite.

My cheap ass went to walmart and found some sony marshmellow ear buds for 9.99, they work fine for me, and block out most wind noise.
Before i installed my J&M i used a set of helmet speakers from E-bay I just left the speakers in the helmet they had a short pig tail that hung out of the helmet when not in use.

My cheap ass did the same ar Fry's. Worked great up till I got my Starcom and helmet speakers. Now I can ride with plugs and still hear my toons on the freeway.

i have some in helmet low profile speakers in the helmet.

not to thrilled. cant hear crap over 30mph

i myself will be finding an alternative

I use the BOSE Ear buds. A little expensive at $99.00 but it the BEST sound you'll ever hear. I've worn them with both open face and closed face helmets. Once I install an autocom, I'll have to use their system, and hopefully it will sound decent.

David

Radio shack has their brand with foam, they are awesome, and only about 30-40 bucks. Used them on the ss/bb ride and they were comfortable all day. I also used some from wal-mart that are "gel", they worked great to and were cheaper than the radio shack ones.

Radio shack has their brand with foam, they are awesome, and only about 30-40 bucks. Used them on the ss/bb ride and they were comfortable all day. I also used some from wal-mart that are "gel", they worked great to and were cheaper than the radio shack ones.
How were there for noise isolation?

<snip>My cheap ass went to walmart and found some sony marshmellow ear buds for 9.99, they work fine for me, and block out most wind noise.
I used the Ipod earbuds that came with it and bought some "clip on" attachment that puts it into the ear like the more expensive ones.

Works great.

+1 for being cheap

I was an Etymotic ER6 user for years but found problems with them in terms of safety and comfort within my helmet during long days in the saddle.

I am thrilled with the noise isolation, clarity, and signficantly improved ear canal safety offered by the S Plug universal earphones.

This company, cyclegadgets, also sells a Motorola Bluetooth earphone connector for those who do not wish to follow the Smartcom, Autocom, or Zumo routes to sound reproduction.

Check out these links:

https://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=SPLUG

https://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/?cat=BLUETOOTH

I have made other post on these earphones and hope that other users of them will chime in on their results.

DSCN4259.jpg

DSCN4256.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Shure in ear. Don't remember model, but paid $99 at Target. Good fit, and quality sound.

About half of the time one or both ear buds come out when I put on my helmet.

How do you get your helmet on without tearing these types of ear buds out?

I recently found a product that is pretty neat. It is a custom molded ear piece that incorporates an ear bud for your I-pod or MP-3 player.

I contacted the company and communicated to the owner about how pleased I was with his product. He said that he would be willing to offer a deal to our forum members. His inventory was low right now but he would offer his $44 product to us for $24 when stock is greater.

I will let you know when he contacts me. Making the molds was really simple and they do work. Rich

https://www.earfuze.com/index.html

I just ordered these, hope they work for me.

I'll let you guys know.

I recently found a product that is pretty neat. It is a custom molded ear piece that incorporates an ear bud for your I-pod or MP-3 player.
I contacted the company and communicated to the owner about how pleased I was with his product. He said that he would be willing to offer a deal to our forum members. His inventory was low right now but he would offer his $44 product to us for $24 when stock is greater.

I will let you know when he contacts me. Making the molds was really simple and they do work. Rich

https://www.earfuze.com/index.html