My dad's not well

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoops

uh . . . whut?
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
just got a call from my sister. got to go down to Forsyth Medical in North Carolina about my dad. pulmonary edema, shadow in lung that looks like cancer, atrial fibrillation, not breathing well on oxygen, wont open eyes. intubating soon

he's 84; was navigator in b-24 liberator flying out of italy into blekhammer, etc. bailed out twice, MIA twice, lieutenant JG, best guy god ever created. his famous saying: "why in god's name would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane."

i'll be off the forum for a few days unless i can get my hands on a computer.

hoping for the best, whatever that may be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to your father for his amazing service. WWII vets are a special breed, to be sure.

Best wishes to you in this difficult time.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers coming your way.

Take care.

:mellowsmiley:

Sharon, very sorry o hear this news. Much thoughts and prayers are with you & yours. Please be careful on your trip.

Prayers sent your way.

Their was an entire generation of men that men of today can learn much from.

... Remembers both his grandfathers....

Somewhat the same situation-WWII vet Father In Law has Alzheimer's, slowly slipping away. The Greatest Generation was just that, we'll not see the likes of them again, nor, hopefully, need the likes of them again. Best to you and yours.

BTDT....and it hurts. Dad, Marine Sgt. (battlefield promotion, Pacific Theater) passed last year after much prolonged illness.

Prayers are being sent for you and the family....he's in someone else's capable hands.

Scoops,

So very sorry to hear about your Fathers' current medical condition. Your Father is a Great American Hero and more importantly your Dad.

Prayers sent out to you, him and your Family.

WW

I loss my mom last June Scoops so I know what your going through. Spend as much time as you can with him-you'll both appreciate it.