NAFO Airline/Hotel Transportation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadGlide

Reaction score
The wife is flying in on thursday about 6pm. The hotel is 32 miles from the airport. Options to get to the hotel are: Taxi $80-$90 each way, Hotel shuttle $30 but makes multiple stops and does not give arrival times at hotel/airport, rental car $125 for the 3 days, or a limo from the hotel that will pick you up at the airport or hotel and deliver you to your destination for $90. I think the limo is the way to go if their are other spouses flying in on thursday pm and wants to share the limo costs. Any out there? I don't really want to pick her up on the bike because of the luggage and riding gear she is bringing with her.

I think one of the Oregon guys was doing something about transportation. I need to find out myself. I think He said as things got closer he would let us know.

Sockmonkey's and my wife arrive from PDX around 2 PM, so we are likely getting the limo thing set up for them. That looks a bit early for your needs, but if anyone else is arriving in that time period, let us know!

Sockmonkey's and my wife arrive from PDX around 2 PM, so we are likely getting the limo thing set up for them. That looks a bit early for your needs, but if anyone else is arriving in that time period, let us know!
Terri arrives around 2pm on Frontier from Sacramento. If she shares a ride with your wives it will save me a trip to pick her up.

PM the details please

Mike and Terri Whalen

Sounds like we may be on to something here. Maybe Mrs. Roadglide needs to change her arrival time to around 2pm, though I'm not sure she can flying in from the east coast and having to work that morning. I'll keep all posted and please do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
A timely post. I was just looking into limos last night for the trip from the airport to the hotel for Mdms SockMonkey & bikerskier. I'm thinking that I'd make the reservations for 3:00 PM, Thurs., 7/24, which takes into consideration a possible late-arriving flight and the snail-like baggage collection at DEN. As long as they're enroute to the hotel by NLT 3:30, they should just manage to avoid the afternoon traffic coming through Denver.

So if anyone's SO gets into DEN at roughly 2:00P (+/- 30 mins) on 7/24 and would like to share a ride to the hotel, let me know soon so I can make sure I reserve the appropriate size/passenger capacity limo. PM me and I'll follow-up direct.

I recommend "Redneck Limo" out of West Denver. In-travel snack at the 7 included if you time it right.

redneck_limo.jpg

Home Depot rents their panel van for $19.95 by the hour, if the ladies don't mind riding in the back... just trying to save you all a little cash... plus, while you are there you can pick up one of the pop-up canopies to shield your bike from the hot Colorado sun.

C

I've booked a limo for the ride from DEN to the Denver Marriott West (the NAFO hotel) and have 1 seat available. Pick-up at DEN is scheduled for ~2:30 PM MDT on Thursday, 7/24. The cost is $30.00/person which includes the gratuity. Please PM me if anyone is interested (First come, first served!)

SuperShuttle is $29 each way.
One caveat: the SuperShuttle service may make multiple stops along the way as it is a shared service (unless of course everyone is going to the same destination). They usually try to get at least 8 passengers on their shuttle before they head anywhere.

Did not know that Sock. With that in mind I would take SockMonkey's dedicated limo. I on the other hand will be riding. :D

SuperShuttle is $29 each way.
One caveat: the SuperShuttle service may make multiple stops along the way as it is a shared service (unless of course everyone is going to the same destination). They usually try to get at least 8 passengers on their shuttle before they head anywhere.
8 passengers or, if you're travelling with someone that packs into 30 suitcases for a 3 day trip, they try to fill the van. :)

jus sayin'

It seems to me that some folks are busting Mr. Monkey's chops on the cost of the ride or am I misinterpreting this? Folks can get to the hotel any damn way they want and pay as little or as much they want. This enterprising fellow feejer rider has taken the time to research the options and made a good call on this option and I am damn glad he did. My far better half is riding the limo with Mr. SockMonkey's also far better half and, I believe, several other superior halves. This is taking an odd direction. Are there any male better halves in the limo, or would these be lesser halves? Calling Malve, please provide some thoughtful insight to this...

No chop busting here. Just throwing out options. The Monkey seems to have this handled. Kudos to the SockMonkey! :yahoo:

Depending on what time the Go Kart Grand prix is happening I may be available to do Airport pick ups.

I will aslo be around Wednesday afternoon if anyone needs picking up.

R

The limo that I've arranged from DEN to the Denver Marriott West for the fly-in S.O.s is now full. PMs being sent confirming meet-up details at DEN.

Thanks!