Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bug I thought Cape Alava south of Cape Flattery in Washington was the westernmost point in the contiguous United States.

Bug I thought Cape Alava south of Cape Flattery in Washington was the westernmost point in the contiguous United States.
I guess our tour guide lied (me) turns out Mendocino Point it's the most westerly point in California, but then again does anywhere else really matter?😁

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow path Kevin! 

Looks like Nottoway Plantation...Hwy 1 south Louisiana
Looks correct to me after a google conformation, as I mentioned I could not remember the name but I do remember walking the grounds (we didn't have time for a tour) which were stunning and a walk over the levee to the Mississippi. As any kid who grew up in Minnesota, I have walked across the rocks at the start of the Mississippi from lake Itasca. Fun to see the beginning, middle and the end of that mighty river.

Take it away Mr Cruizer.

Southern Cruiser, are you going to post a pic? Rules allow two days and it's been that. While it technically should fall back to Bugnatr per the rules, Pants actually got it but just didn't make the guess in time. 

Pants, to keep this moving along, go ahead and post a pic for us if you choose. If Pants doesn't within another 24 hrs, Bugnatr can post another.

OK-e-dokie.  Here's one from WAY back in the day.  First hint - this one fits the "sistren" bill pretty good.

2021020111374713--575975640227083559-IMG_4180-X3.jpg

I would have never guessed Hill Country. It was much browner than that when I went. I was racking my brain to remember something like that in Arkansas.

Cool thread. 

Makes me know I need to get out more. I have only recognized a few places in the East and the really easy ones out west. 

It is one of the sisters in Hill Country.  I can't be 100% certain, but I think it was actually Hwy 337 between Leakey and Vanderpool.  And no - that was not Redfish Hunter, it was another friend with an ST13 with me.

Goodman - you're up!

I know where you took the first shot but I'll be damned if I can find where you took the second.  Somebody's back yard?  There sure is some good riding down there.

I'll leave it to someone else - I'm outta pictures.

I know where you took the first shot but I'll be damned if I can find where you took the second.  Somebody's back yard?  There sure is some good riding down there.

I'll leave it to someone else - I'm outta pictures.
I'm pretty sure you've got it. One pic was down by the water and the other was on the road heading homeward. This was before we used Spotwalla, so I can't place the exact road, but I know she snapped it from the back of the bike.

If nobody else guesses in a bit, feel free to guess and just pass on posting. This is about the guessing.

Went to Columbus Ohio once. There is a racehorse adoption program empty your wallet and break your heart program up there. Once through Cincinnati was enough for me. Straight shot, no interstate route from Columbus to Lexington KY crosses the Ohio River somewhere near Maysville. Looks kind of familiar, but things just don't look quite the same through a pickup truck windshield, so I could be imagining the familiarity. 

Went to Columbus Ohio once. There is a racehorse adoption program empty your wallet and break your heart program up there. Once through Cincinnati was enough for me. Straight shot, no interstate route from Columbus to Lexington KY crosses the Ohio River somewhere near Maysville. Looks kind of familiar, but things just don't look quite the same through a pickup truck windshield, so I could be imagining the familiarity. 
Correct! It is the Maysville Bridge between Ohio and KY officially called the Simon Kenton Memorial Bridge.

This was a fall leaf trip into WV and VA on the FJR in the second week of Oct. As you can see from the foliage, there is a huge difference between KY and WV for fall colors. It wasn't even starting to turn back here. This trip was really special for lots of reasons.  A couple of my favorite pictures that make me think about being out on the bike are from this trip. Also it's the trip where the wife said, "If it wasn't for my knees hurting I think I'd like to go to Montana." 

Take it away 1911! 

I'm running low on pics and getting jealous of all Goodman4's ridin' around and picture takin'

This tourist spot is much visited but I'm wondering how many people will mistake it for its more popular neighbor

43447110420_45cecbc78b_b.jpg