Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugs, since you don't know the difference between Ohio and Illinois, I am assuming you might not know your western states either, so I will just go on thinking it is in Arizona. :)

Bugs, since you don't know the difference between Ohio and Illinois, I am assuming you might not know your western states either, so I will just go on thinking it is in Arizona. :)
Ha, I only know states that look different than each other. No, it's not Arizona. I am a bit surprised no one got this yet as I almost didn't post the picture thinking it was too easy.

Perhaps these will help

IMG-5339.jpg

Great hiking here too.

IMG-5355.jpg

Not 12.  Maybe 191.  Arches Natl Park area?

Not much riding these days.  Mostly hoarding.  Hope that changes this summer.

Valley of Fire State Park?
Oh no, anyone but you!   Yes,  you are correct with Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada.   Mark has the correct video too. I was hoping the warmer/cooler clues would have worked for the name with fire in it. 

For anyone who hasn't been there- add it to your travel list as it's well worth a visit northeast of Vegas. 

Okay Booger...opps.  Scooter, your up to bat.

I looked back through my pics and Spotwalla and found I drove up Northshore Road (167/169) through the Valley of Fire State Park, but not Valley of Fire Hwy. I still have Death Valley on my wish list, so there is a chance I could still get here some time.

It always surprises me what you guys guess quickly and what you don't. I thought this would be pretty easy with the scene in the background. The reason this section is not usually fun is it is an entrance. This was taken in the afternoon while it was still almost 100 degrees so there were less cars but still plenty. In the morning the few cars you see in a line below is often backed up down that entire road.

This place is all about the scenery and is great to drive through slowly to enjoy several sights if you can find a time that isn't too crowded or hot. You can do some hiking to some very famous landmarks that are pretty amazing. We like to go in the afternoon and pick a spot to see the sun set.

Here are a couple pics from the same road a few miles up that maybe don't give too much away.

Sunset:

Looking to the SE:

I don't think I've been there.  It just doesn't ring a bell.  It feels like northwest of Colorado, and that is totally uncharted water for me.