Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just to clarify, that is the same place as the Columbia River Gorge, right? I had typed in Columbia River in Google yesterday just because I was curious after FJRay guessed that. The picture that came up for Columbia River Gorge looked just like your first pic. Now the horseshoe road in the last one I've seen on Oregon maps before. Is that looking down on 30 or what road?
Correct. The three pics actually cover a few miles spread. We crossed the Columbia over the Hood River Bridge from Washington and immediacy turned east and climbed up to Rowena Crest.      https://www.google.com/search?q=rowena crest viewpoint&tbm=isch

This may not be the worlds largest ball  of twine or the water melon capital of the world but surely I’m not the only forum member to visit this place. If I am the only forum member to visit this place does that mean I win the game?

Is this maybe the one in Douglas Wyoming?
Correct, mercifully! 

Imagine, living on the east coast and longing to see the Rockies. High rollers might fly to Jackson Hole and rent some wheels. Others would power slab  past all the corn and cows to get there ASAP. Both would miss out on gems in between like The Jackalope Capital of The World, Douglas WY, and the neat little rail museum accompanying. Make the ride across Nebraska worthwhile? IDK.

Well darn it, I looked back through my spotwalla trips and I have been through Douglas on the interstate. Missed the Jackalope, looks like I need to go back some day.

Correct, mercifully! 

Imagine, living on the east coast and longing to see the Rockies. High rollers might fly to Jackson Hole and rent some wheels. Others would power slab  past all the corn and cows to get there ASAP. Both would miss out on gems in between like The Jackalope Capital of The World, Douglas WY, and the neat little rail museum accompanying. Make the ride across Nebraska worthwhile? IDK.
I went through Douglas on our Colorado / Wyoming trip a couple years ago as we returned from the Wyoming loop. It was a brief stop.

My memory of my first trip to Wyoming still sticks with me though. I love riding in Wyoming. It was my first time west of Colorado except for flying over all those interesting states. Seeing the changes in the landscape as we made it into Laramie and then the next day crossing the state into Dubois was just a pleasant buildup for finally seeing the Tetons in the distance after Dubois. I do remember riding at an angle for a while due to the wind. It was constant so it was kind of fun unlike the buffeting we got later driving across Montana.

And yes, it made Nebraska worth it, but barely. I remember being stopped on the Interstate near Lincoln in 95 degree temps because of a bad motorcycle accident ahead. Seems like it was hours but it was probably 30 minutes.

Speaking of odd places, here's the next place:

I am going to go ahead and say this one should be easy, but it seems every time I say that no one gets it. 

Kearney Nebraska Archway.  Been there too many times hoofing it down I-80.
Correct!! Got to thinking about Nebraska from the last post and I think this is one of only two pictures I have in the state. I didn’t stop but there is supposed to be an odd display there you can visit. For the first three years after they built it there wasn’t an exit there so I have heard. 
Tom, you are up if you so choose!

I'll offer another easy one. I think most of the riders in this thread have passed by this natural arch over the road.  I'll add some more images if you don't get it right away.

zb5O52h.jpg