Need Cap screw size

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
Somewhere between Connecticut & West Virginia last weekend I lost one of the screws for the bracket that supports the right muffler and side case. There are two screws in the bracket just ahead of the case itself - One of those is missing. Anyone know what size that might be? I have the manual on disc & have not been able to find it in there :(

I just took a look at mine. I beleive it is a 8mm x 25mm. If you want a hardware store substitute to hold you over while waiting for a factory one, try that. Buy a couple washers for it though: The factory one is one of those integral flange type screw heads that distribute the clamping load over a larger area than standard socket head cap screws.

I just took a look at mine. I beleive it is a 8mm x 25mm. If you want a hardware store substitute to hold you over while waiting for a factory one, try that. Buy a couple washers for it though: The factory one is one of those integral flange type screw heads that distribute the clamping load over a larger area than standard socket head cap screws.

Exactly what I was looking for FJReady! Thanks!

Yes I called the local Yami dealer - he doesn't have it & couldn't tell me the size, will order it in if I can't find it.

Exactly what I was looking for FJReady! Thanks!

Yes I called the local Yami dealer - he doesn't have it & couldn't tell me the size, will order it in if I can't find it.
If you have a True Value or ACE hardware store around you will be able to replace it from there. The have plenty of small pull out drawers with plenty of metric stuff to keep you busy.

OK thanks - I think I found it under the frame section. Now what is part number 95817-10030-00
with that part #, using my yamaha part decoder ring, I think the -10030- is the key area and

10 means diameter in mm and

030 is the length in mm

Thanks just got my interwebby back on after Irene :rolleyes: Either I picked off the wrong screw / part number or your decoder ring needs a rebuild because FJRReady was right on - its an 8mm. I did find one at the local hardware store - even has a nice flanged head, no washer needed.

Thanks for all the help!