need cheaper place to get paint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huk finn

Reaction score
want to spray a smuggler case for an '06 fjr in cobalt blue,,,, went to color rite site to order paint. They want $87 for 1/2 pint of base coat than another $87 for 1/2 pint of top coat ,,, Total $174,,,whew !!!!!!!

Does anyone know of a cheaper place to get the 06 cobalt paint?

want to spray a smuggler case for an '06 fjr in cobalt blue,,,, went to color rite site to order paint. They want $87 for 1/2 pint of base coat than another $87 for 1/2 pint of top coat ,,, Total $174,,,whew !!!!!!!
no but send it to Garauld...no brainer there

he's an artist at painting Feej plastic at reasonable prices

or if not, may be willing to stear you in the right direction

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showuser=371

no but send it to Garauld...no brainer there

he's an artist at painting Feej plastic at reasonable prices

or if not, may be willing to stear you in the right direction

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showuser=371

+1

Garauld recently painted my topcase and right saddle bag in Cerulean Silver for less than what you're talking about. Dude knows what he's doing. They were ebay rejects and were pretty rough going in - look brand new now.

I agree that Colorrite is expensive and will look like crap if you don't know what you're doing

Probably won't find a cheaper source, and you're not gonna need anywhere near a half pint for the smuggler.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I've been down that road. Buy the color from Colorrite and everything else from your local supplier. The Cobalt blue is a two color system, so you will need to buy two 1/2 pts to do the Smuggler unless you can tint it to match. :(

You may be able to get the local shop to blend it, but I have had very limited luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pep Boys sells Krylon spray paint for a few dollars. Just pick one which is some sort of deep blue. Yeah, it will look like crap but would be a better match than the Corbin factory did for my Cerulean Silver.

If quality is what you want, go with Garauld. If a learning experience is what you want, spend the bucks for ColorRite as Garauld suggests.

I just painted mine with truck liner, I like as it blends in with the seat and it costed $12 for a can of spray.