Need new boots.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe these?

Chanel-Sport-Powder-Blue-Skis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a little bit over on year's use on my Tour Master Solution 2.0 boots. If I get a heavy splash from an oncoming vehicle, I can actually feel the water going right through the boot into my socks. I'll be replacing these by the end of the year. (On second thought, I could also just break into Salish's house, what size is your foot buddy?)

good reads...

Love my Sidi On Roads.... amazing boots. Tons of protection. totally waterproof even in hours of rain. Comfortable to walk in.

i suggest only Nikwax or similar water based product to treat the leather however... they will remain breathable and never stinky. they are also not as hot as one might assume.

also have the Alpinestars SMX and very happy with the fit and comfort. just a little "racy" looking for me.

I have a wide 10.5-11.0 foot and no problems with either.

All that boot talk and no mention of mine. I have loved my Aerostich Combat Tourers for over 100,000 miles. They are always comfortable and though not rated as waterproof, only got my sock a little wet after riding in an all day rain, and that was just near the end of the trip with 10 hours of rain on a Vmax (no protection from the bike)! I have had them resoled once. They still slip on with ease and are comfortable for me. Understated looks and fit well under a shift lever. I have had no other motorcycle boot to compare with them so I realize my ample size is small, but when I need a new pair, I am getting another pair of Combat Tourers.

The price is breathtaking though, I know.

https://www.aerostich.com

All that boot talk and no mention of mine. I have loved my Aerostich Combat Tourers for over 100,000 miles. They are always comfortable and though not rated as waterproof, only got my sock a little wet after riding in an all day rain, and that was just near the end of the trip with 10 hours of rain on a Vmax (no protection from the bike)! I have had them resoled once. They still slip on with ease and are comfortable for me. Understated looks and fit well under a shift lever. I have had no other motorcycle boot to compare with them so I realize my ample size is small, but when I need a new pair, I am getting another pair of Combat Tourers.
The price is breathtaking though, I know.

https://www.aerostich.com
They are great boots with a loyal following. I stopped by Aerostitch in Duluth to pick up a pair a couple years ago but I was not happy with the fit and the laces getting caught in the Velcro. I think the fit would have been fine for me if I would have installed a insole pad. I don't think the price is outlandish when you amortize it out over all the years of service you receive.

If anybody out there has a pair of the Sidi Armada boots, please let me know you like them. I bought a pair of the "On Roads" a couple months ago and they changed the boot, the Vibram sole is gone and I didn't like the way they fit. I like my gortex Adventures (even though they squeak) and I'm curious about the Armada. The Sidi size 46 fits my foot really well and I have a couple different pair of boots, Cobra, Vertigo, Tour I even use their Dominator mountain bike shoes

I've had the Alpinestars for years. When the soles get worn down you can take them to the shoe repair shop in the strip mall on Millbranch, near State Line Rd and he will put better soles on them that what came on them. He resoled mine for about $50, including polishing them up. They looked like new when I got them back. It took several weeks. They guy is super busy and get's a lot of business. You'll have a hard time understanding his accent. I think he may be Korean, but I don't know that for a fact.

I'm down in Senatobia, That's how I know.

I've had the Alpinestars for years. When the soles get worn down you can take them to the shoe repair shop in the strip mall on Millbranch, near State Line Rd and he will put better soles on them that what came on them. He resoled mine for about $50, including polishing them up. They looked like new when I got them back. It took several weeks. They guy is super busy and get's a lot of business. You'll have a hard time understanding his accent. I think he may be Korean, but I don't know that for a fact.
I'm down in Senatobia, That's how I know.
I'll keep that in mind if/when I need some new soles. Thanks! Maybe we will run into each other sometime...